Home Cigar 101
Options

CAO Italia

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just tried my first CAO Italia out on my patio this morning. It gets too hot out there later in the day. The flavor and aroma were good but, after about the first third of the stick it acted like it wanted to go out. It didn't, but I had to be a real puffing machine in order to keep it going. Then, when it was down to about the last inch-and-a-half, it started behaving like it should.

Anybody else had a similar experience with an Italia? Is this, maybe, normal for the breed or do you s'pose it was possibly just wrapped a little tight? I've got another one resting in my coolidor so I'm going to withhold judgement for now but I was wondering if they're all like that?

Any insight you guys might provide would be appreciated. Thanks.

Marty

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have never had a single problem with the CAO Italia. but like all hand made products, there is a ton of room for error. you probably just got a bad one. dont shy away from them get another. they are probably my favorite CAO.
  • Options
    WaxingMoonWaxingMoon Posts: 328
    I had my first one Saturday - I thought it was great. That's what I'm smokin' in my avatar pic. But, yesterday.... I had the problem you described with a CAO Brasilia.......
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear that - - I've also got a Brasilia in the coolidor just waitin' its turn.

And, Kuzi, thanks for the quick reply. I sorta figured you'd be the one to know 'bout things like this. As a guy well established in geezerhood, I'm always pleasantly amazed that you, in your tender years, know so much about cigars...but I'm glad you do.

Marty