Home General Discussion

Safe and sound in the 'Stan!

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
After a few days of travel, then a little over a week of sitting in Bagram, I am finally in my new home for the next nine months, lol. So, upon arriving to my home FOB here in Afghanistan, the outgoing dudes leave me their humidor. Its empty, but at least I don't have to have my wife mail out my humidor from home now! Looking at putting in an order to fill it up, and I was wondering if any of you guys/gals have tried the following (and what your opinions of them are if you have tried them):

AB Nica Puro
CyB
Herrera Esteli
Ramon Bueso Odyssey
Graycliff Avelino Lara
Diesel Crucible
Diesel Hair of the Dog
Diesel Wicked

Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    After a few days of travel, then a little over a week of sitting in Bagram, I am finally in my new home for the next nine months, lol. So, upon arriving to my home FOB here in Afghanistan, the outgoing dudes leave me their humidor. Its empty, but at least I don't have to have my wife mail out my humidor from home now! Looking at putting in an order to fill it up, and I was wondering if any of you guys/gals have tried the following (and what your opinions of them are if you have tried them):

AB Nica Puro - One of his most under rated IMO Solid
    CyB - Really good but needs a little rest
    Herrera Esteli - Never Had
    Ramon Bueso Odyssey - I am not a fan but a lot of the BOTL here like them
    Graycliff Avelino Lara - I enjoy most Grays with rest this one was really good with about 8 months
    Diesel Crucible Over priced and one dimensional. With that said tho I really REALLY enjoyed it if it were cheaper I would buy a ton more
    Diesel Hair of the Dog - NH
    Diesel Wicked - NH
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Hey Tony, long time no hear,, Hows the art work coming??? I tried the CYB and it was a very interesting smoke, I would definately put that at the top of your list with the Herrera. Ive also tried the Diesel wicked, and wasnt impressed, disappointed with that one. Take Care. Excited bout trying another DPG El Centurian
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Tony,
    RB Odyssey is a good medium, morning smoke, not so good ROTT
    El Centurian is Fanfriggintastic!! PM me I will send you some
    CyB is pretty good, another that some time will treat it right
    Hererra Esteli is a real solid contender, have you tried the Leccia Black or White?
    Diesel's to me are good but like Rudy said, fairly one dimensional, I would choose the MOW Skull crusher, very nice!!
    Lmk if there's anything I can do for you...from over here..
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Ramon Bueso Odyssey.. I've been talking this one up to anyone who will listen. I love this cigar, and for the (box) price I can smoke them everyday.
    Graycliff Avelino...I was never a huge Graycliff fan until I smoked this one. A winner with me.
    These are the only ones I have tried enough of to give a strong endorsement.
    Nice to hear from you by the way. You've been gone too long.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Ramon Bueso Odyssey.. I've been talking this one up to anyone who will listen. I love this cigar, and for the (box) price I can smoke them everyday.
    Graycliff Avelino...I was never a huge Graycliff fan until I smoked this one. A winner with me.
    These are the only ones I have tried enough of to give a strong endorsement.
    Nice to hear from you by the way. You've been gone too long.
    +1
    For me, the Avelino is only a tiny bit behind the 30-year in flavor, and the 30 is one of my absolute favorites. The Odyssey is my go to when I can't figure out what I really want.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the input guys. Anyone remember a few years ago when Graycliff had those two "edicion limitadas", one had the red label and one had the gold? I was never a fan of Graycliffs until I tried those, they were both spectacular. I was hoping the Avelino would be like those. The main reason I'm interested in the Diesels is because I just tried a Grind (their B&M only blend) and it was fantastic. Nothing too complex, but what was there was very good.

@Kid: Its good man, I did a good deal of work in Korea, actually got offered a job at a shop down in Seoul, but it was just too far of a commute from where I was stationed at to be able to make it back by curfew and all.

@Jim: I haven't tried either of the Leccias, but I was never really a fan of any of the Nub line except the maddy, and only the Cain Daytona in corona really impressed me from that line, so I wasn't really sure how much I would go for his namesake line. As far as the Centurian, man, if it is the same blend that it used to be, hell yes, those are fantastic. I haven't had any of the newly released ones, I definitely wouldn't mind trying a couple.

@Kas: Good to hear about the Odysseys, they seem like a cigar I would enjoy. I definitely need to give them a shot. And yeah man, life kind of happened. I was on a little bit a couple of months ago when I was selling off alot of my sticks, but then with getting ready to deploy it was pretty much just family time. Now I'm downrange, so I should be on a good bit more again.

@Kevin: Like I said above, its really good to hear that about the Avelino, I am very excited to try it now.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Glad to see your safe bro. PM me your new address for safe keeping ;)