Home Pipes

Stokebye's No. 17 English Luxury, thoughts?

Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
Wondering who's familiar with this, what did you think?
WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Comments

• J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    OK, I cannot say that I have smoked this, maybe I have, I have smoked a lot of Stokkebye's stuff when I was first getting into pipes and at the time I did not note every blend I smoked. I can say that I like almost everything from Stokkebye that I have smoked, even a couple of the aromatics are well done. This will not have as much Lat. in it as Proper English so if you are looking for a lat. boom it will not be that (PE is not either for that matter). I really don't think you can go wrong with Stokkebye's lines and at the price point picking up 4 oz to try is about the same as a tin.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J.S.:
    OK, I cannot say that I have smoked this, maybe I have, I have smoked a lot of Stokkebye's stuff when I was first getting into pipes and at the time I did not note every blend I smoked. I can say that I like almost everything from Stokkebye that I have smoked, even a couple of the aromatics are well done. This will not have as much Lat. in it as Proper English so if you are looking for a lat. boom it will not be that (PE is not either for that matter). I really don't think you can go wrong with Stokkebye's lines and at the price point picking up 4 oz to try is about the same as a tin.
    I can't say I've ever smoked anything from them, or not. Not by name, but I've stopped in a lot of shops, stuck my nose in a jar and said "give me some of that". Seems worth a try, just wanted a little confirmation, will probably go on and pick up 8 oz or so. It sounds like a good all-arounder.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    J.S.:
    I can't say I've ever smoked anything from them, or not. Not by name, but I've stopped in a lot of shops, stuck my nose in a jar and said "give me some of that". Seems worth a try, just wanted a little confirmation, will probably go on and pick up 8 oz or so. It sounds like a good all-arounder.
    Just had my first bowl. Very nice, smooth mellow English, mild bite, burned well once I finally got it going, which was probably due to a poor pack. Felt a little dry right out of the bag. I'm very satisfied, pretty much what I was hoping for.

• J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Sounds good, especially in this hot weather. Hopefully, that bite will go away once the pack gets right.