Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Package the Troops PICS is SENT!!

MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
First thing I want to say is thank you!!! Ok started packing for the troops...Hard to find a big enough box. Unless some show up today will send out on Wednesday. Also need to pick up a couple things. Will include letter that I will be sending also! We have a total of 261 Sticks

Now some Pics:
Start
Toombes....Not Enola???? 66 Sticks....
Rob Luken
Lee
Webmost
Onestrangeone
Poopy
Rhamlin
C-Love
BDR
Jgibv
Ddubridge
Tyland64
BigShizz
Brianetz1
Mine
Totals and Packing

Will follow with final pics and letter...Enjoy
Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy sweet mother of pearl!! Well done guys!! That's a Sh!tload
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Holy sweet mother of pearl!! Well done guys!! That's a Sh!tload
    No Sheet nice job, the box is as long as my table almost..LOL
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Incredible generosity from the brethren.. Awesome selection of sticks, everybody!!!
    Copy of the letter:

To: Dustin Tuttle
    From: Mike Williams and the Members of the Cigar.com Forums

My name is Mike Williams and I am friends with Steve and Cindy at the Country Club in Beloit, WI. He wanted to send you some cigars and accessories but didn’t know about how to do it, so I have offered to help. I belong to a great forum on Cigar.com and I just asked for a little help by telling them my story and getting you some sticks, at that point there was a great response from the members and they started sending sticks.
    I don’t know how much you smoke, but a lot of us find it relaxing and hopefully you will too, to find some solitude over there. I left notes in the packages so you can see and read the support we have for you all. Along with the cigars, there is a 40 count travel humidor for you to bring back sticks if you wish. All the bags have either Humi-packs in them or water pillows, the water pillows can be refilled with either distilled water or solution I have included a bottle of each that is sealed in box. You will also find cutters, matches, lighters and some other goodies! (Try to keep them outta heat) If you access to a cooler for storage great!
    I ask only one thing, I would like you to share with other soldiers (I think you have plenty LOL) and take some pics of them enjoying them and send them to me via email (mikee672003@yahoo.com) so I could share on the forum. I would like to get together when you are back for a fine evening of cigars and drinks. We all thank you and the rest of the service members for your service and pray for a safe return.
    In closing, if you find that you need something else please let me know, please don’t be shy about it.
    If you can access internet, check out the cigar.com web and the look under the community for the forums, you will find the same names there that are in those packages!!!
    Sincerely Mike Williams
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great Gawd Awmighty! I think that Toombes is certifiably mental. He ought to make a Vonage ad. Sixty six stix. Jeepers.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Just amazing!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice mike!! You the man!! I'm glad your doing this
    Money can't buy taste
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Hot damn boyz!!! You are all so damn great! you never half-ass anything! :) Our troops are gonna get one hell of a surprise with that! Im proud to know you all!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    I really hate i didn't get on board with this in time.. I am still amazed at how kind this community is. Really good folks around here, and im sure the soldiers will think the same when they get the message!
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    First things first... DAY-UMMM! That's a pantload of 'baccy goodness!
    Secondly, the sticks I sent were half of what was collected for a Stateside Soldier package I was putting together. Sadly, I was unable to find an organization willing to accept them. So, half to Mike for his package and the other half went to Walt for his Cigars for Vets organization.
    Toombes:
    Secondly, the sticks I sent were half of what was collected for a Stateside Soldier package I was putting together. Sadly, I was unable to find an organization willing to accept them. So, half to Mike for his package and the other half went to Walt for his Cigars for Vets organization.
    Nicely done Dano!! We need to keep these guys in the forefront of our memory! Tony (Alienmisprint) is over there now....could probably use a package or ten in a bit!!
    Bigshizza:
    Toombes:
    Nicely done Dano!! We need to keep these guys in the forefront of our memory! Tony (Alienmisprint) is over there now....could probably use a package or ten in a bit!!
    I was thinking about him the other day. Noticed I hadn't seen him on in a while. Didn't know he was back over seas.
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    Great Job done by all showing support for the Troops.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Amazing work, Mike!!!! Wish I had a surplus to contribute, but it'll build again...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    this is awesome mike. thanks for putting it together.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Mike. For making this gesture of appreciation happen.
    Package is sent, wanted to say thank you once again!!! 24lbs 2 oz!!!!

• ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    MVW67:

Sweet googley goodness...need any assistance paying for shipping?
    ddubridge:
    MVW67:

Sweet googley goodness...need any assistance paying for shipping?
    Thanks all good and taken care of!!!Appreciate the offer!!! :)
    Nicely done Mikey!
  • Bad Daddy RabbitBad Daddy Rabbit Posts: 721
    Nicely done, Mike.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 to these guys ^^^^

WTG, Mike!!! Thanks for putting this together.
    And awesome job everyone.

I think Dustin & the other soldiers will be surprised, to say the least!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Great job Mike, that is one big ash box of cigars!
  • CigarMan37CigarMan37 Posts: 432
    What an amazing job!!! Brings a tear to my eye and when they open that box I'm sure they will be feeling the same!!!