Home Cigar 101

Where to cut Torpedos?

ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
I am always befuddled when finding the spot to cut a torpedo. Ok maybe not befuddled but I never know if I am doing it right. I usually try to cut it a little before where it straightens out.

Is there a general rule of thumb for this? Any photo's or videos anyone knows of?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    ZAP:
    I am always befuddled when finding the spot to cut a torpedo. Ok maybe not befuddled but I never know if I am doing it right. I usually try to cut it a little before where it straightens out. Is there a general rule of thumb for this? Any photo's or videos anyone knows of? Thanks in advance.
    The overall rule is cut until it draws well enough for you

My usual starting place is to try to cut off like a centimeter, for that usually produces about a "DIME" sized opening and if the draw is too tight, then I cut a little more

Just lick the cap before you cut and it will help it stay on even if you are doing multiple cuts
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    ZAP:
    I am always befuddled when finding the spot to cut a torpedo. Ok maybe not befuddled but I never know if I am doing it right. I usually try to cut it a little before where it straightens out. Is there a general rule of thumb for this? Any photo's or videos anyone knows of? Thanks in advance.
    The general rule of any knife fight is to try and cut the face, the forehead if possible. The reason for this is mainly psychological. If the opponent (Torpedos in your case) can see the wound, they can give it a quick glance and assess the severity of it. If it is on their face however, they cannot determine how severely they are injured. This creates a much higher level of anxiety, resulting in an increase of fear and the loss of some (if not all) of their focus. The forehead is a plus because this can lead to blood running in their eyes, further disorienting them. Hope this helps. :)
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    ZAP:
    The general rule of any knife fight is to try and cut the face, the forehead if possible. The reason for this is mainly psychological. If the opponent (Torpedos in your case) can see the wound, they can give it a quick glance and assess the severity of it. If it is on their face however, they cannot determine how severely they are injured. This creates a much higher level of anxiety, resulting in an increase of fear and the loss of some (if not all) of their focus. The forehead is a plus because this can lead to blood running in their eyes, further disorienting them. Hope this helps. :)
    Or if you are a plastic surgeon then you have two choices

Cut them at the fold on the underside, or cut around the nipple.... these two options offer the least amount of scarring and if there is any, it is mainly hidden with these cuts
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    ZAP:
    The pointy end. lol Anytime you need help, just come to me, I'll steer you in the right direction! ;)~
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    ZAP:
    This clears everything up! I'll keep this in mind next time I take a knife to one of my Belicosos.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    ZAP:
    The pointy end. lol Anytime you need help, just come to me, I'll steer you in the right direction! ;)~
    damnit. i read the title and this is exactly what i thought. beat me to it.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the real place i make a cut is a bout when the pointy end is 2/3 the size of the body of the cigar. i draw test there.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Since I like the draw out of a punched cigar, I usually only take enough to make it about the size of a punch. Of course, this is where I start and then proceed to open it up if it doesn't draw well enough. It is better to take off too little at first than too much.