Home Non Cigar Related

NRA

roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
Just became a member of the NRA again. I let my last membership laps due to funds. I do enjoy being a member of this organization.
One God, One Truth

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I let my membership lapse some years back, because it seemed to me that they spent all the money I sent them trying to get me to send them more money.

Given our current circumstances, it may be time to join again. I can't find ammo for my guns, because Janet Napolitano had the Fatherland Security dept. buy them all up, with our money. For no apparent good reason. Since the entire stock was purchased with our money, can we demand that it be re-released to the public it was manufactured for?

For those who don't believe that there are powerful forces that are trying to remove all weaponry from the common citizen,

WAKE UP!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Not going to get into THIS bunny trail again, other than to post a perfect example of how being armed and loaded doesn't necessarily provide a deterrent against abject stupidity. :)

http://now.msn.com/derrick-mosley-arrested-in-connection-to-a-gun-store-robbery-attempt-with-a-baseball-bat
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    Not going to get into THIS bunny trail again, other than to post a perfect example of how being armed and loaded doesn't necessarily provide a deterrent against abject stupidity. :)

http://now.msn.com/derrick-mosley-arrested-in-connection-to-a-gun-store-robbery-attempt-with-a-baseball-bat
    A gun store is probably the last place id think about robbing!!

I am looking forward to getting my first gun soon and am considering joining as well.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    I let my membership lapse some years back, because it seemed to me that they spent all the money I sent them trying to get me to send them more money.

Given our current circumstances, it may be time to join again. I can't find ammo for my guns, because Janet Napolitano had the Fatherland Security dept. buy them all up, with our money. For no apparent good reason. Since the entire stock was purchased with our money, can we demand that it be re-released to the public it was manufactured for?

For those who don't believe that there are powerful forces that are trying to remove all weaponry from the common citizen,

WAKE UP!
    I'm just curious as to why you think that? I mean I haven't seen any legislation to remove weapons, maybe I missed something. Also even with guns, really do you think that it would stop police and or troops? I have yet to see the police or troops be stopped by armed civilians. Maybe centuries ago but there was more than just weapons. Now though the govt doesn't even have to send troops, just take targets out way above the clouds.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    ...don't get me wrong I love guns, I have a few but personally I think the NRA is as much for gun owners as the small business association is for small business. At least one organization I do belong too some what helps it's members, the CRA!
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    I believe in what the NRA does and have been an active member for several years now.
    Furthermore I have a small arsenal with plenty of ammo for each. I saw years ago which way the wind was blowing on gun control and took measures to protect myself against it.
    As if that wasn't enough, I have eight large breed dogs ranging from a Doberman-Pit cross to a Australian Shepard and several ill tempered half breeds of unknown origin. I have not seen a thief hereabouts since a load of triple-ought buckshot chased the last one away.
    Guns DO NOT kill people, homeowner's do!
    phobicsquirrel:
    Amos Umwhat:

WAKE UP!
    I'm just curious as to why you think that? I mean I haven't seen any legislation to remove weapons, maybe I missed something. Also even with guns, really do you think that it would stop police and or troops? I have yet to see the police or troops be stopped by armed civilians. Maybe centuries ago but there was more than just weapons. Now though the govt doesn't even have to send troops, just take targets out way above the clouds.
    Seriously?

Look at the "national conversations" that follow every tragedy. Disturbed young man commits mayhem and murder. Does the conversation center on where were the failures to identify the sickness, where were the failures to treat the same?

Or does every outlet available say "We need a National Conversation on Gun Control"? And then our brilliant legislators and bureacrats come up with crap like expelling little kids from school for pointing with their finger and saying "bang" at their buddy.

Legislation to ban weapons is introduced perrenially, since that failed, Bureacrat in Charge bought all the ammo. No reason, really, just thought she would, after all, you're paying for it, not her.

I certainly hope there's never any reason in our country for civilians to try armed revolt against police and military. Wouldn't ever work, unless same civilians were supplied with military-type arms, etc., but that never happens, does it?

oh, right, we're famous for doing that very thing around the world, whenever we aren't satisfied with the government in their country.

I do, however, think that the weapons I own would be most convincing in discouraging the kind of home invasions that are occurring in rural areas, like mine. And I do believe that that very right is guaranteed to me by our Constitution. And I'd like to keep it that way.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    80-20 rule. 80% or more of the troops are on our side. Ft Hood is in TX. The worlds largest base. Armed citizens have not raised up yet. Police don't stand a chance against the firepower that some of us civilians can muster. Also us vets know what its like to kill. Enough said.
    pilgrimtex:
    80-20 rule. 80% or more of the troops are on our side. Ft Hood is in TX. The worlds largest base. Armed citizens have not raised up yet. Police don't stand a chance against the firepower that some of us civilians can muster. Also us vets know what its like to kill. Enough said.
    I re-enlisted out of the Army into the Guard for college. I thought about this very subject. I note that since the time of the first Iraq war, more Guard units have become support and supply, rather than combat oriented. Coincidence?