Home Cigar 101

Tips on getting a long ash? :)

I am entering a long ash contest. I was wondering if you guys have any tips on how to win?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    cheat.

if you dont wanna cheat, then hold your cigar as vertical as you can. easy puffs. dont purge.
    pick a cigar that has a reputation for quality construction. If it is not timed pick a larger ring. something over 50.
    if it is timed aim for about 46-48.

ill tell you how to cheat if you want me to, but its kinda frowned upon.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Best tips are: Densely packed cigar tobacco...long filler only and should be a premium cigar..no short fillers Ensure that when you draw that it's slow so that you don't overheat the end As said keep it vertical all the time CC's usually do well in this type of contest but a RP Sun Grown or Edge Maduro is your friend as you need a RG that is pretty stout...anything over 50.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I pulled this trick at a poker game a long time ago. Just a weekly, friendly, game-time competition to see who could hold it the longest while playing cards. Don't use it on a quality cigar. Straighten out a paper clip and drive it down the cigar. Push it far enough, plus extra for shrinkage. I held a toro with 1/2 inch of leaf left before letting them in on it.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be sure to feel up your cigar good. Make sure it doesn't have any soft spots. But still have a good draw you don't want to have to be pulling to hard on it. Don't let it the fire go out.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Be sure to feel up your cigar good. Make sure it doesn't have any soft spots. But still have a good draw you don't want to have to be pulling to hard on it. Don't let it the fire go out.
    Unhhh, we're still talking about cigars here, right? ;)
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    Rhamlin:
    Unhhh, we're still talking about cigars here, right? ;)
    Lmbo . I should have read that before I posted.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" but damn! Dont be pullin' too hard on it whatever it is! LOL
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Squats. Wait, did I read wrong?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • kuzi16:
    cheat.

if you dont wanna cheat, then hold your cigar as vertical as you can. easy puffs. dont purge.
    pick a cigar that has a reputation for quality construction. If it is not timed pick a larger ring. something over 50.
    if it is timed aim for about 46-48.

ill tell you how to cheat if you want me to, but its kinda frowned upon.
    Now im interested.
  • CigarMan37CigarMan37 Posts: 432
    Push the other guys arms
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I'm beginning to think we'll never hear how this turned out. I'm devastated.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CigarMan37:
    Push the other guys arms
    LOL!