Home Cigar 101

5 vegas humi

gmcgmc Posts: 21
I just got a 5 vegas 100 stick and am seasoning with the wet down and shot glass routine how do you know when it is seasoned I just started tonight on it.

Comments

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    youll need an accurate and calibrated hygrometer to read 68-70 % percent humidity, then put your babies in there,, humidity may drop a bit as long as its higher than 63 youll be just fine, good luck
  • gmcgmc Posts: 21
    thks!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have not wet the inside of your humi yet, I would advise that you don't. Try using just a bowl with a sponge with distilled water in it. No wiping. Let the water raise the yumidity inside the humidor and the wood will absorb it. This allows the wood to soak it up more slowly. This takes a bit longer but is easier on the wood. Either way, I'm hoping you have a good (digital) calibrated (salt test) hygrometer to monitor the humidity levels.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    bumped Kuzi's seasoning thread for ya. followed his advice for all three of my humidors and have had zero problems holding rh.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that humidor. My buddy has one and it seems to be a good little box. Hope you get it going easily and enjoy it!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    A light seasoning of any humidor requires a light touch...just enough to see the wood change color from dry to moist...use sponge filled with DW and then squeeze it out and then use what's left to go over the cedar inside. After doing that then I'd advise using a passive approach by letting a small cup of DW sit in the humidor for a day...take it out and when your hygro measures 65 - 70 then it's time to put your cigars iin there. Use some patience in doing this..it's not a race and I'd rather have a humidor that was seasoned the right way than to rush things and then deal with a temper-mental humidor.
  • CigarMan37CigarMan37 Posts: 432
    Love the 5 Vegas humidor, got 4 of them myself. It's a great piece. Good Luck with it!!!