Home Pipes

Smoking order

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
Cigar before pipe or pipe before cigar? Either flavor would be tainted... But which do you find to be better?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Cigar before pipe. However, I smoked pipe for an hour last night and had a cigar about two hours after. It's the tongue burn really, but i do not find it to big of an issue and as my bowls burn cooler and longer the tongue burn is less.
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    It depends but I usually like a pipe before a cigar. I have very little tongue bite now and the pipe tobacco is usually milder than the cigar and it is a completely different profile. So in the evening if I have a lot of time I might have a bowl after dinner and then have a med.-full or full bodied cigar to end the night. I am getting to where if I have time in the morning, which is rare, I like a pipe more often than a mild to med. cigar. It does not linger and after a meal my sense of taste is back to normal which will allow me freedom to smoke whatever later in the day.
  • mgk2020mgk2020 Posts: 97
    No idea because, as weird as it sounds, I can't stand cigars. Don't like the flavor, hate the smell. No idea how that can be, but it be. lol
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Cigar before pipe. However, I smoked pipe for an hour last night and had a cigar about two hours after. It's the tongue burn really, but i do not find it to big of an issue and as my bowls burn cooler and longer the tongue burn is less.
    +1, same for me
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    i had a cigar earlier tonight... might have a pipe to see how it goes. i didnt know if one flavor would overlap the other after a period of time. I did smoke the stick down further than i have with any other and kinda scorched my tongue though. lol might wait for tomorrow.
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    LiquidChaos66:
    i had a cigar earlier tonight... might have a pipe to see how it goes. i didnt know if one flavor would overlap the other after a period of time. I did smoke the stick down further than i have with any other and kinda scorched my tongue though. lol might wait for tomorrow.
    Try it! Pipe tobacco is so cheap if your tongue is too sore just put it out and forget it tonight. That's one thing I love about a pipe. I can start it. Put it out and come back, or if it has been a long time just dump it and reload.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Thats true! Hmmmmm if the wifey is home tonight ill have a pipe. I only smoke outside or in my garage due to my daughters asthma. If the wife goes out then i gotta stay in so my kid doesnt fruit out. lol
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    J.S.:
    It depends but I usually like a pipe before a cigar. I have very little tongue bite now and the pipe tobacco is usually milder than the cigar and it is a completely different profile. So in the evening if I have a lot of time I might have a bowl after dinner and then have a med.-full or full bodied cigar to end the night. I am getting to where if I have time in the morning, which is rare, I like a pipe more often than a mild to med. cigar. It does not linger and after a meal my sense of taste is back to normal which will allow me freedom to smoke whatever later in the day.
    I tend to do this as well,, pipe is usually morning and cigars later in the day and evening