Home Non Cigar Related

Farve

GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
I am SOOO excited to see how this season plays out now that we have Farve (pending a physical). The vikings packers game is going to be epic!

Comments

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously! Just go away dude! I used be a diehard Favre fan, even though I didn't particularly care for Green Bay. He's completely ruining the respect I've always had for him.
  • andrewhandrewh Posts: 97
    A great pickup for the Vikings, he plays 8 home games in perfect conditions because the dome. He doesn't have to do anything crazy because of their great running game and their defense will put them in great spots.
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    clearlysuspect:
    Seriously! Just go away dude! I used be a diehard Favre fan, even though I didn't particularly care for Green Bay. He's completely ruining the respect I've always had for him.
    True that. What am i supposed to do with my Green Bay #4 jersey with his name on it. :( From all the teams all he had to do is not choose the Bears or the Vikings. Disappointed!
    bigbgballz:
    clearlysuspect:
    True that. What am i supposed to do with my Green Bay #4 jersey with his name on it. :( From all the teams all he had to do is not choose the Bears or the Vikings. Disappointed!
    At the same time, it's hard to tell someone to walk away from the one thing that they are truly passionate about in life. I just wish he could do it in a way that would make me remember him for the great success he had on the field. At this point, it's gonna be at least 5-10 year before I forget about all this "I'm staying/ I'm going" circus.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree---anyone who still respects Farve as a man or his word, a man with any "team oriented" ideals, or even a top 15 QB needs to leave. The guys has officially made me ill today, after I promised I wouldnt let him do it again. The only solace is that he will be able to continue padding his record number of career int's.
  • bibbybibby Posts: 152
    I can't wait to see how this plays out; all the Viking fans I know are not for it. Based on last year if he doesn't fall apart it won't be the end of the world, but long term what do the do with Tavaris and Sage? Is this an annual event in Minnesota; picking old no future players up for a superbowl run and never developing young players. Interesting choice Mr. Childress, good luck!

Rob
    I was talking to my sister today about Farve and she said, "I'm tired of hearing him crying and retiring, then coming back, then crying about retiring, then coming back. I'll be his wife made him come back this time cause she was tired of listening to his cry baby ass at home!" I nearly died of histeria when she said that!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Why can't this guy just go retire? He's worse than Clemens.

"Long ashes my friends."

• ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭

Though you will have to admit there will be one day were we can all look at this and be glad that he did come back. That day November 1st, when the Vikings go to the Lambo Field and the man that people used to have pictures of on their mantle next to jesus. but slightly higher because Favre is God. will get booed, and if you say he won't you know you are a liar.

• LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I can't understand why people care so much and get upset he's coming back. Who cares? I'm not a particular fan of Favre, and I get tired of hearing/reading about the is he, isn't he stuff? So I can understand people being annoyed at that...I just turn the page or the channel. But I can't understand the vitriol people have for him now just because the guys is wishy washy, like they literally hate him and wish him ill. He's a pretty good quarterback and seems like a good enough guy. Good luck Favre.
  • rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    I don't hate the man. I hate the media coverage that follows him. I was at BW-3 yesterday for lunch and ESPN News was talking about him for the 90 minutes that I was there. They actually have helicopter footage of the SUV taking him to the facility. That is just way to damn much coverage.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Wouldn't it be funny if this whole thing was a ploy and he was spying for GB. Given his past acting preformances it seems like he could pull it off.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I am a lifelong Bears fan and have had to deal with Favre tooooo much. Combined with his wishy washiness, and his consideration for no one but himself, and being a constant source of alienation to his teammates, and his need for publicity around the sports world to soothe his Mississippi ego........I may not wish outward harm to the man on the field, but I do not wish him any success either.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    rmccloud:
    I don't hate the man. I hate the media coverage that follows him. I was at BW-3 yesterday for lunch and ESPN News was talking about him for the 90 minutes that I was there. They actually have helicopter footage of the SUV taking him to the facility. That is just way to damn much coverage.
    Well said...I was watching SportsCenter this morning, and same thing, just talking about it over and over. They perpetuate it. Just report that he signed with the Vikes, move on to the next story.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Okay, I've kept quiet for some time... but being a Wisconsin Native and I GREW UP on Favre I'd like to say a few words....

To say that Favre was GOD is an understatement and being a big beer drinking party man from the state that is known for four things... Beer, Brats, Cheese and Packers I have come to show love and appreciation for the man that brought us back to glory in Titletown! The DAMN trophy is named after our first head coach for chrissakes!

But Favre doing what he just did is the equivalent of Jesus dying on the cross for the Jews for the absolution of their sins, but then coming back to Christianity for a little while and not paying attention to the Jews... but then leaving the Christians for a awhile and everything is fine... Until one day Jesus' friend (who talks to Jesus everyday) is saying that Jesus may be talking with Hitler and the ****'s... and there's nothing official but Jesus may be going there...
    Oh wait what??? Oh... WHEW, he's not going to the ****'s.... thank goodness...
    WHAT!!!!! Why is Jesus speaking German!?!?!?!?!

OR to sum up my thoughts... I'd like to say a few words

*** FAVRE!!!!!
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Lasabar:
    Okay, I've kept quiet for some time... but being a Wisconsin Native and I GREW UP on Favre I'd like to say a few words....

To say that Favre was GOD is an understatement and being a big beer drinking party man from the state that is known for four things... Beer, Brats, Cheese and Packers I have come to show love and appreciation for the man that brought us back to glory in Titletown! The DAMN trophy is named after our first head coach for chrissakes!

But Favre doing what he just did is the equivalent of Jesus dying on the cross for the Jews for the absolution of their sins, but then coming back to Christianity for a little while and not paying attention to the Jews... but then leaving the Christians for a awhile and everything is fine... Until one day Jesus' friend (who talks to Jesus everyday) is saying that Jesus may be talking with Hitler and the ****'s... and there's nothing official but Jesus may be going there...

*** FAVRE!!!!!
    so what you're really saying is....

Favre's a viking and Jesus is a n-azi.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I think the key here is that Favre WAS good. That was about 10 - 12 years ago! now hes just and old sucky attention grabbing meeting missing QB
    Fourtotheflush:
    I think the key here is that Favre WAS good. That was about 10 - 12 years ago! now hes just and old sucky attention grabbing meeting missing QB
    And it's a real shame, but this is how most people are gonna remember him.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Lasabar:

*** FAVRE!!!!!
    See this is why I love your posts Lassy, you went from Jesus dying for our sins to him sucking down sauerkraut in a few lines.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Being an avid football fan the way i feel about the whole farve thing is the first retirement with GB then coming back for 1 more was OK ...... i get it, its the competitivness the guy has ....... the 2 time was a joke ..... he tried to hold the packers hostage , the they didnt back down and i respect them for that ....... he went to NYJ and showed he could still play but that he wasnt a spring chicken anymore ....... but the way he did it i lost almost all respect for him ...... and after the Minnesota debacle i can 100% say that i have no respect at all for him and IF starts i hope he fails and they bench him or he simply gets beat out by TJ or SAGE .......... honestly i could care less what happens but his legacy has definatly been tarnished by even the biggest farve fans iam sure. P.S. this is why i love college footbal so much more ....... these guys are playing for that future check and thats it.