Home Cigar 101
Options

J Fuego Natural - New blend?

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
Hey, I'm hoping someone here is a bit more knowledgeabl than I am about this. I am a big fan of the original J Fuego Natural. I have been told that is identical to the Xikar Defiance, and if it isn't exactly the same, its pretty darn close. For a while (probably around 2 years), I couldn't find them anywhere. I was under the impression that they had ceased production on them, but recently I found both boxes and bundles of them on another site. They have the same label, and from the pictures, look like the same cigars. Does anyone know if they changed the blend? Or did they just start producing the old blend again? Or did I just get unlucky when looking for them, and they have been producing them this whole time?

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    no more defiance. if you found those PM me. if you found the origin originals they close. they are not a new blend but they now come in a 6 x 60.

not a fan of that. the little perfectos that come in a packet are the best.
  • Options
    I was looking for Defiances a few years ago, and was told by a B&M worker that when the Defiance first released, the sticks weren't ready for the first few events. According to the story, Mr. Fuego took a bunch of the Naturals, rebanded them with the Defiance bands, and handed those out at the events. After smoking them back to back with a Defiance, I have to say, they are very close if not the same thing.

So, as far as you know, the ones that are out for sale now are still the same blend as two-three years ago? I don't see a 6x60, just the robusto, toro, church, and coronas.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    So, as far as you know, the ones that are out for sale now are still the same blend as two-three years ago?
    yes.
    alienmisprint:
    I don't see a 6x60, just the robusto, toro, church, and coronas.
    just announced at the IPCPR
    my not be on shelves yet. $8.50 MSRP in both the natural and Maduro
  • Options
    PM incoming Kuzi