Home Pipes

What my girlfriend got me for an anniversary gift.

BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
Finally jumped on the train. I got a pipe. Now i just need to know the ins and outs and what types of blends and tobaccoes to buy. I love the flavor of the blend she got me , but im not real sure what its called. Its definatley an aromatic, and the taste is somewhat tangy. But i like it. What are the differences in the bent neck of the pipe over a straight one?

Comments

• J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Congrats man! I am glad that you are enjoying it already.

The difference between a bent and straight stem are mainly for looks and it is easier to hold a bent stem in your mouth then a straight one and it gets the bowl out of your line of sight so you can read, etc. while smoking.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Is that Trout Stream??? Think I was just reading about that one!!! Nice , Cool looking pipe!
  • BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    I think it is trout stream. I love it. I cant be 100% on what it is though because she has no clue, she just went in the b&m and told them to pick me out some nice pipe smoking equipment and let me tell ya... They freakin hooked it up! That pipe is awesome, and I am already hooked and looking into buying different pipes for different blends .
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Bamablows:
    I think it is trout stream. I love it. I cant be 100% on what it is though because she has no clue, she just went in the b&m and told them to pick me out some nice pipe smoking equipment and let me tell ya... They freakin hooked it up! That pipe is awesome, and I am already hooked and looking into buying different pipes for different blends .
    Welcome to the briar my friend. You can get lost in a pipe for sure. I would pick up a few more but I also encourage you to start with just what you think you will need. Treat a pipe right and it will last a long time maybe even beyond you to a son or grandson. So start with just what you need and then as you get into to it you can decide the direction you want to take the hobby. You can get good pipes for $50.00 or so sometime less. You can find pipes you like that are above the $1,000.00 mark too. So far I have just dropped around 300 on 1 but I have my eye on one that is more than twice that. I never thought I would take it this far but it is what you want out of the hobby.

That said, buy good quality cheap right now but be warned you may find out that you are willing to give up a couple of boxes of cigars to get that pipe you want!
  • BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    Whave ive been looking at is the short stem "poker" pipes, because most of them from what i understand you can stand up without the tip toutching the surface you sit the pipe on. The bottom is flat so it ballances. Seems pretty cool, and i think they just look bad ass. But im in love with the one i have for now and it will always have a special place in my heart. Going to smoke some "ALL DAY" from my local b&m in it right now actually :).