Home Cigar 101
Options

New cigar smoker needs help picking out his brand

2»

Comments

• Options
    christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    JReese:
    Yeah! My first sampler and humidor are on the way! Talked the wife into it yesterday. I'm so excited. No more keeping the sticks in a random box lol
    ......that is exciting. Don't forget to season your humidor. I got the man o war humidor. Hasn't been too full yet. After 3 years I still have not found a cigar I really want to load up on.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    +1 and also Carlos Torano sampler.
    catfishbluezz:
    Avo Take Five sampler. You get five smooth cigars and different wrappers to taste. If you like a specific one, you might find you like cigars with those wrappers in general. Look for samplers that have 5-10 cigars in them, with 1-2 per blend. My main suggestion would be to call the staff at Cigar.com and have them put together a sampler for you. The service is excellent, and they always take care of their customers. Don't buy 10 packs that are good deals, because if you don;t like them, then you are stuck with 9 more lol. Once you get started, you can trade openly with folks here. My last suggestion is this... Look at that contact box next to my name, pull the drop down that says private message, and send me a message with your address.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Toombes:
    catfishbluezz:
    My last suggestion is this... Look at that contact box next to my name, pull the drop down that says private message, and send me a message with your address.

Sweet mother of pearl, that didn't take long!!
    I'd favorite this post if I could.
  • Options
    JReeseJReese Posts: 14
    I went with the CI's Backyard Boogie Mega-Sampler from Cigars International. And got the Oxford Glasstop Humidor that seemed to fit with all the other decoration the wife has done around the house. Not my first choice but oh well, at least the wife is happy. Interestingly, the sampler will fill up the humidor as it is only a 20 count humidor. So, after I have smoked a few sticks, my next purchase will be the Avo take 5 sampler for sure. Oh I can't wait till they get here.
  • Options
    has anyone tried cigarbid.com? if so, what did you think of it?
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    cbid not much. I've heard of some great deals on there. I prefer cigarsprintsale.com if you can find something you like. If you havnt been to the sprintsale yet, I apologize.
  • Options
    looks like csprint could be lots of fun
  • Options
    SmokeWISmokeWI Posts: 64
    JReese:
    looks like csprint could be lots of fun
    oh it is!
  • Options
    no i am pissed. the wife changed the password to my cigars international account. I can't buy anything or check to see where my package is. heads will roll...
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did she stick block you because of what she already knew about, or did you go off buying stuff by yourself on the sprint sale and she had to protect the family budget from you? LOL JUST KIDDING. Nevermind. That's really none of my business. Hope you work it out. Good luck.
  • Options
    haha, I'm an idiot lol I never created an account. all i did was make the purchase haha my bad wifey lol But anyways, The sticks and box have arrived. The 5 Vegas Manduro Gold was good! can't wait to smoke the rest lol
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Don't buy 10 packs that are good deals, because if you don;t like them, then you are stuck with 9 more lol.
    This is advice I could've used a week ago. Bought a couple of 10/20 bundles because I like there description and the price was low only to find out I don't care for them. Very big lesson learned, luckily not an overly expensive one. Also be careful of the sprint site....Can be very addicting. Wonder if there's a 12 step program for this :)) I am also relatively new to cigars and very new to this community. An overwhelming amount of info and insight to be had. I LOVE IT!!!
  • Options
    Try some of the sampler packs. That is how I started out. I also read Tiny Tims cigar blog a lot and try some of the cigars he reviews.