Home Pipes

Best aromatic ?

The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
Ok so I just got my first pipe yesterday and had a bowl of half & half which i remember my grabdfather snoking when he was alivee so I tried it and I did like it both taste and smell . I'm going to the B&M tomorrow to see what they have in the line of aromatics and get a few corncobs . My question is what is the brand / an line for a good aromatic ?

Comments

• pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    The buffalonian:
    Ok so I just got my first pipe yesterday and had a bowl of half & half which i remember my grabdfather snoking when he was alivee so I tried it and I did like it both taste and smell . I'm going to the B&M tomorrow to see what they have in the line of aromatics and get a few corncobs . My question is what is the brand / an line for a good aromatic ?

What's an Aromatic. LOL
    When you go to the B&M and look at their selection of blends in the gars ask for their real name. The stores make up their own name so you'll order for them. A mild Cavendish blend is good starters. Make sure to say No Bite please. Once you know the mfg and their blend name or number you can order on line from P&C.com. Capt Black has always been a favorite if you want to stay with canned.
  • mgk2020mgk2020 Posts: 97
    The buffalonian:

You'll just have to answer that for yourself. Fortunately, that's half the fun. I'm not trying to be flippant, it's just too subjective. For example, Robert (just picked a name for demonstration purposes) may recommend McClelland VBC and swears it's the best aromatic ever, but if you hate vanilla that's not going to be a very good choice. A good example actually is my roommate; she smokes Altadis Frosty Mint. Loves it. I can't do it, can't even smoke it. It is just way too minty for me. MacBaren is generally thought to make some nice aromatics; however, I find them very bitey and don't really prefer them because of it. You may not though. Of course, you can always check reviews to get an idea of bite, quality, etc. I recommend tobaccoreviews.com.

It's like asking a group of people what is the best car company? Truthfully, your best bet is to look for something that sounds good to you. Besides, it will depend on what's available at the B&M. Not everything will be a hit, but they probably won't all be misses either. Good luck!
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    The buffalonian:
    Depending on the tobaccos available at the B&M. Almost all of them carry Altadis, most of which I don't care for. However, they do have a good following. I do like their "Rum and Maple" and that should be a staple.

Many will also carry Lane, and I like "Very Cherry" from them. Lots of people like 1-Q but I could not taste anything really.

I would also just talk to the guy behind the counter. He may or may not know anything but usually they can at least tell you what people are buying which is a good indicator of what's good until you get to know what you like. I hope this helps. Happy Smoking!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I haven't had any... Many say Boswell's has some of the best aro's around. One of my favorites is "trout stream" blended by Russ ouellette (sp?). It's like a butterscotch, vanilla, very smooth taste. One of the few I've had that taste as good as they smell! Plenty of black cav in there makes it smooth.

And for something different, mix in some Latakia with it!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Hey guys names Ian and Im pretty new to the pipe game. I was wondering if any one knows of some websites that give you some free samples of their pipe tobacco, Im kinda broke so i dont have much moneys to spend trying all the diffrent types lol.
    Mr.Fusion:
    Hey guys names Ian and Im pretty new to the pipe game. I was wondering if any one knows of some websites that give you some free samples of their pipe tobacco, Im kinda broke so i dont have much moneys to spend trying all the diffrent types lol.
    To my knowledge there are no online vendors who will provide free samples without purchasing. Once in awhile they will toss an extra ounce or two in that I was not expecting but there are no free samples, unfortunately.
    Ian, welcome to the forums by the way. If you have not introduced yourself go over to the "General Discussion" forum and do that. There are lots of great people on here.
  • Alright man thanks for the info c: and yup I have already done so.