Home Non Cigar Related

Am I being too obnoxious?

I will delete this thread after I get some responses because I do not want it to clutter. My question - I just saw how much I have been posting since I joined... And... Its a lot... On the Trades and Passes section the last 4-5 posts are by me... I felt like I am going overboard and I did not want to seem too obnoxious or weird to people... Its just that at work I am in front of the computer ALL the time and I have the forum open ALL the time... And its like the only thing that puts some fun in my otherwise sometimes boring job... I sometimes obsessively refresh everything hoping to see new posts. And I do it cause it is fun and informative to participate in a forum with you guys! I have learned a lot from here and am looking forward to learning more... But - Am I being too obnoxious? Should I not post as much? I mean for less than a month I have 133 posts! That's at least 5 posts EVERY day... IDK... Gimme some advice...

Comments

• 4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    I think you're aight. Try some other good time wasters as well though. Some of my favorites: fantasticcontraption.com failblog.org www.ninjakiwi.com
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im almost twice as obnoxious as you then. i post an average of 9.27 posts a day.

this is my 5000th post right here. (sorry no contest this time. try again at 6000)

• bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    kuzi16:
    im almost twice as obnoxious as you then. i post an average of 9.27 posts a day.

this is my 5000th post right here. (sorry no contest this time. try again at 6000)

Congrats kuz
    I try not to think about whether I am posting too much or too little. Sometimes I don't have much to say and I won't post for a few days...though I continue to read. Other days, I'll hit ten posts. I don't think being obnoxious has anything to do with number of posts in a day. If you're being honest, considerate, getting good information, and having a good time, I don't think it would matter if you post 100 times a day.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Thanks boys! Thanks for the advice 4boob4! And congrats to Kuzi - yeah, I agree, you are quite obnoxious! 5000 posts man! ;) Just kidding... Check ur PMs btw...
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    4bob4:
    I think you're aight. Try some other good time wasters as well though. Some of my favorites: fantasticcontraption.com failblog.org www.ninjakiwi.com
    Yeah, failblog is awesome. I actually just submitted a picture I took of this car that crashed through a the window of an apartment in our old apartment complex there. Keep your eyes open for it, lol.

Ren, you aren't obnoxious, you are an active poster. I have over 1,000 posts and have been a member for less than 7 months. To put that in perspective, I have been a member on the tattoo forum I vist for over a year and only have 651 posts there. This just happens to be a very active, fun forum. As long as you aren't praising the virtues of White Owl Pineapple Tubos, you're fine, lol.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    See, I feel I have the exact opposite problem, I've been a member for over a year and feel I don't post enough. I'm on here everyday, even if I don't post, constantly going through old posts and threads and searching different things throughout the threads. I'm like the kid at the back of the class room reading everything and lifting my head every now and then to comment on stuff and have a cigar.

Post too much? That's why we have counters, to see who will max out first!! I'd say you are off to a bloody good start Ren!!
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Obnoxious would be like some a$$hole "calling out" Sarah Palin's retarded son in a blog----now if you did something like that, we may have a problem.....lol to you who know.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    post as often as you like, but you'll not be able to delete this thread unless you have that forum privilege..
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    As long as you aren't praising the virtues of White Owl Pineapple Tubos, you're fine, lol.
    Or running around calling me "cheesedick". :D
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    alienmisprint:
    As long as you aren't praising the virtues of White Owl Pineapple Tubos, you're fine, lol.
    Hey. We're not supposed to talk about "he who shall not be named!"
    I too almost always have this page up and keep checking for new comments while I'm at home of if I just have absolutely nothing to do at work. I just enjoy good intellectual conversation with mature, respectable, intellegent people. There seem to be a lot of individuals here who meet that description. Of all the message boards I've seen through the years, I'd say that the mass majority of the people here have the most level heads I've ever seen. I'm hoping to be around for a while and I hope you're around for a while too Renn.
    clearlysuspect:
    I just enjoy good intellectual conversation with mature, respectable, intellegent people.
    then, why are you here ?
    kuzi16:
    clearlysuspect:
    I just enjoy good intellectual conversation with mature, respectable, intellegent people.
    then, why are you here ?
    hey...we can be those things on occasion.
    You guys do yourselves way too much injustice. You should see the people I work with. Compared to them, you're all Harvard Scholars!
    clearlysuspect:
    You guys do yourselves way too much injustice. You should see the people I work with. Compared to them, you're all Harvard Scholars!
    Do we work at the same place? What's your office number? ;)
    Renaissance_Man:
    clearlysuspect:
    this can only mean one thing....
    cigar smokers are the smartest people on the planet.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Renaissance_Man:
    Thanks boys! Thanks for the advice 4boob4! And congrats to Kuzi - yeah, I agree, you are quite obnoxious! 5000 posts man! ;) Just kidding... Check ur PMs btw...
    you're not obnoxious, just paranoid.

"Long ashes my friends."

kuzi16:
    Renaissance_Man:
    clearlysuspect:

Well, considering I work around a lot of Aeronautical, Mechanical, Electrical, and Chemical Engineers, Aircraft mechanics and electricians, high ranking military and government officials, this is actually saying a lot in your favor. Some of the stuff I hear come out of these peoples mouths are mind boggling. (in a bad way)
    Krieg:
    just paranoid.
    You are damn right about that! LOL
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭

clearlysuspect:
    j0z3r:
    alienmisprint:
    Hey. We're not supposed to talk about "he who shall not be named!"

I don't recal him calling you a cheesedick, though one might be able to spin it as a compliment. Like your right it is, and I gave your mom some easy cheese straight from the can last night. Oh yeah. Ok its stupid but it works

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    kuzi16:
    clearlysuspect:
    then, why are you here ?

Is this the start of the breakdown of society where this replaces conversation?

I know i spend way too much time here!

Oh no Revelations started at CCOM.
    Seriously though! I spend way toooo much time on here.... I fear I have an obsession :(.... I feel like I always have to post/share... Damn it! How do I control this? I am in front of the computer screen most of the day... I can't resist! Aaaaaaaa!!!! I need therapy :(... Maybe I should just give away all my cigars as one giant bomb... 100 shells on someone's head!
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Renaissance_Man:
    Seriously though! I spend way toooo much time on here.... I fear I have an obsession :(.... I feel like I always have to post/share... Damn it! How do I control this? I am in front of the computer screen most of the day... I can't resist! Aaaaaaaa!!!! I need therapy :(... Maybe I should just give away all my cigars as one giant bomb... 100 shells on someone's head!
    You know , you can always drop it on your Bulgarian friend's head :)
    It is ok to share good experinces with people. Cigars,food, drinks and women are all nice obsessions. That is what we live for :)
  • kuzi16:
    Renaissance_Man:
    clearlysuspect:
    Im going to have to agree hugely on that one
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    bbc020:
    kuzi16:
    clearlysuspect:
    then, why are you here ?
    Name that occasion ...
    madurofan:
    bbc020:
    kuzi16:
    clearlysuspect:
    then, why are you here ?
    Name that occasion ...
    this isn't a bad occasion...mind you it goes downhill a bit after the first post.
    HA!!

looks like im the douche bag now....
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    HA!!

looks like im the douche bag now....
    Now? /sarcasm
    madurofan:
    Now? /sarcasm
    Hahha.... I just love this....