Home Non Cigar Related

17yr Old Shoots Baby in Head!!

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2013/aug/17/georgia-teen-faces-trial-killing-baby-stroller/?partner=RSS

A robbery gone wrong. So a 17 year old shot a woman's baby in the head because she wouldn't give him money. The kid faces life in prison. Strange how killing someone keeps on being either life in prison or a super long sentence but raping people is lower on the sentence scale than drugs. We live in a f-ucked up world. Although in matters such as this case, if the shooter is found guilty I say just kill him, I mean why spend all that tax money on him? It's not like this was by accident.

Comments

• firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    I 100% agree with you squirrely, eye for a eye............
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Amen boys.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Thank you.
    Why should should society carry the financial burden of pieces of sh*t like him.

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I've never been in favor of a punishment system. I'm always in favor of a rehabilitation system. When someone breaks a law (serious law... I'm not talking about speeding or minute offenses), there was some form of breakdown in their thought process. If that thought process is fixable, then rehabilitate that individual and release them back into society. If, as in this case, that thought process is not treatable or "worth" treatment, then just kill them. You shoot a kid in the head, there is no need for treatment, just elimination.

I mainly developed this perspective by all the convicts that we inprison for years, they adjust to life in prison, often times become worse than they were before, and then we release them as even worse citizens than they were when they went in with all kinds of restrictions that keep them from being functioning members of society. If they can not be released back into society as a full functioning member, then just kill them. Otherwise, what exactly is the point!?!?!?!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2013/aug/17/georgia-teen-faces-trial-killing-baby-stroller/?partner=RSS

A robbery gone wrong. So a 17 year old shot a woman's baby in the head because she wouldn't give him money. The kid faces life in prison. Strange how killing someone keeps on being either life in prison or a super long sentence but raping people is lower on the sentence scale than drugs. We live in a f-ucked up world. Although in matters such as this case, if the shooter is found guilty I say just kill him, I mean why spend all that tax money on him? It's not like this was by accident.
    the death penalty has always been a difficult subject for me.
    on one hand, it puts a price on life. if you take one from someone you can theoretically have it taken from you.
    on the other hand, i do consider myself a libertarian and taking a life is wrong because that killer still has some rights as unpleasant as it is. two wrongs dont make a right kinda thing.
    ...but when you commit a crime you wave your rights because you dont have the right to violate rights....
    tricky subject for me personally.

as far as spending tax money on him goes, it is actually cheaper to have a life sentence than a death penalty. the cost of public defenders for appeals and the courts far exceeds the cost of feeding the man for the rest of his life. Im more in favor of solitary for the rest of his life. never sees another living soul without bars between them for the rest of his life.

as far as drug charges go...
    im pretty much all on board with decriminalizing pretty much all drugs.
    there are no rights being violated simply by using drugs.
    if you are on a drug when you commit a crime, then prosecute the crime and treat the addiction.
    throwing a drug addict in jail simply for using isnt going to stop the addict. jail is not rehab. addiction is not a crime.

we are (slowly) moving in the right direction with rape sentences. not there yet. most people that have not been raped dont understand the damage it does. I cant even imagine what they go through.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    I've never been in favor of a punishment system. I'm always in favor of a rehabilitation system. When someone breaks a law (serious law... I'm not talking about speeding or minute offenses), there was some form of breakdown in their thought process. If that thought process is fixable, then rehabilitate that individual and release them back into society. If, as in this case, that thought process is not treatable or "worth" treatment, then just kill them. You shoot a kid in the head, there is no need for treatment, just elimination.

I mainly developed this perspective by all the convicts that we inprison for years, they adjust to life in prison, often times become worse than they were before, and then we release them as even worse citizens than they were when they went in with all kinds of restrictions that keep them from being functioning members of society. If they can not be released back into society as a full functioning member, then just kill them. Otherwise, what exactly is the point!?!?!?!
    I can't disagree with you on any point. I made nearly the same arguement to a friend of mine once, however, who'd spent the last ten years of his life as a prison guard. He asked me, "Do you know what 'rehabilitate' means? It means 'make like it was before'. What if they were never any good?"

I still don't have an answer.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    There are two sides to every story. No matter how disturbing one side may be, the other just might be even more twisted and disgusting:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/mother-shot-boy-stroller-insurance-cash-defense-article-1.1430117

This whole story surfaced immediately after the Trayvon Martin v. George Zimmerman trial. Along with a few stories like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s26cNxF6nQ

So where do we go from here? Sick, twisted world.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    This "kid" is going up the river for life, his partner may get off a little easier for testifying. Some of the "kids" family were also arrested for trying to get rid of the murder weapon. The local sheriff and prosecutor intend to put them behind bars as well.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    kuzi16:
    im pretty much all on board with decriminalizing pretty much all drugs.
    there are no rights being violated simply by using drugs.
    if you are on a drug when you commit a crime, then prosecute the crime and treat the addiction.
    throwing a drug addict in jail simply for using isnt going to stop the addict. jail is not rehab. addiction is not a crime.
    whoa, drugs are illegal when the risks outweigh any benefits they may have. There are many drugs that are illegal that are not addictive, just dangerous. According to a program I saw the other night, the life expectancy of a crystal meth addict is aproximately 7 years. I don't buy your rights violation arguments.