Home Non Cigar Related

Voter fraud

beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
I know, it doesn't exist. You guys keep telling me that.

link

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I opened a bank account today. Had to show picture id. Why do Democrats oppose a picture id to vote? Are they afraid they can't win an election without fraud?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I'm proud of NC for passing voter ID laws. Hope it sticks.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Vulchor:
    In our discussion on this issue prior to the last election you stated that the Republican Party always does this with an election around the corner. Why don't they get their voting busses going now and bring these people to get an ID? They have three years to do so. Their excuses for not having one are getting stale. Very stale.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Jesus H Christ.....it was a joke. Do I believe voter fraud exists? Yes. Do I think one party is guilty and not the other? No. Do I think it is even remotely rampant or a part of their "big govt parties"? No. Citizens United is a much bigger an issue to me than any fraud is.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Jesus H Christ.....it was a joke. Do I believe voter fraud exists? Yes. Do I think one party is guilty and not the other? No. Do I think it is even remotely rampant or a part of their "big govt parties"? No. Citizens United is a much bigger an issue to me than any fraud is.
    Republican Gerrymandering, Democrat "vote early, vote often" policies probably cancel each other out, helping to maintain gridlock, which is usually good for the most of us, since if they're not doing anything, it's less likely they're **** us. Not impossible, just less likely.

That Citizens United thing, though, that's fraud on steroids, incorporated, subsidized bought and paid for legislation that is far more dangerous, and far far more un-American.

On most subjects, I'm always willing to listen and potentially change my opinion, but not that one. Feudalism is right around the corner once that piece of c r a p went through.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Amos Umwhat:
    Vulchor:
    Republican Gerrymandering, Democrat "vote early, vote often" policies probably cancel each other out, helping to maintain gridlock, which is usually good for the most of us, since if they're not doing anything, it's less likely they're **** us. Not impossible, just less likely.

That Citizens United thing, though, that's fraud on steroids, incorporated, subsidized bought and paid for legislation that is far more dangerous, and far far more un-American.

On most subjects, I'm always willing to listen and potentially change my opinion, but not that one. Feudalism is right around the corner once that piece of c r a p went through.
    Citizens United cancels out Union contributions.
    beatnic:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Vulchor:

and every principle of freedom, democracy, or rights for any individual not liplocked to the **** of their particular corporate master.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    beatnic:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Vulchor:

Thats the $hittiest "justification" of a bad law I have ever heard.
    Vulchor:
    beatnic:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Vulchor:

Thats the $hittiest "justification" of a bad law I have ever heard.
    Quite possibly the worst Supreme Court decision since Dredd Scott. In terms of freedom, one man one vote representative government, the decision is catastrophic. On a moral level, I think it's the equivalent of giving Charlie Manson the keys to your college aged daughters apartment, along with a copy of her class schedule.

• raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    Quite possibly the worst Supreme Court decision since Dredd Scott. In terms of freedom, one man one vote representative government, the decision is catastrophic. On a moral level, I think it's the equivalent of giving Charlie Manson the keys to your college aged daughters apartment, along with a copy of her class schedule.

Agree wholeheartedly. But at least the CU decision confirmed in legalese what we intellectually already knew existed in practice--that our ability, as non-millionaire voters, to influence legislators' actions is completely nonexistent.
    raisindot:
    Amos Umwhat:

at least the CU decision confirmed in legalese what we intellectually already knew existed in practice--that our ability, as non-millionaire voters, to influence legislators' actions is completely nonexistent.
    Very, very well said.