Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Life marches on

fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
Haven't mentioned it before but my Father has been turned over to Hospice for care. His 2+ year battle against colon cancer cannot continue without making him sicker than the cancer has. He is declining quickly and I fear he will not see his next birthday (87) in October. At 56 years old it is difficult to think that for the first time in my life I will not have him to consult on a wide range of matters. He has enjoyed a full life and our family has a strong history of faith in the Creator of all that is. Life marches on but is always temporary for the participants. I pray that my merciful God will make his transition to the next life an easy one.

Comments

• Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Ill keep you and your family in my prayers my friend.
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best to you and your family, keep those great memories at hand and pass them on...
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about this, I remember your mentioning his illness in the past. You and I are about the same age, I've got you by a tad, I lost my Dad 18 years ago, still wish I could sit and talk with him about stuff that's going on. Well, I can, but....Very sad for you to be going through this.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    It's always hard, no matter the situation. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    My thoughts and prayers are going out to your dad. If there's anything I can do, please let me know.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Amos Umwhat:
    Sorry to hear about this, I remember your mentioning his illness in the past. You and I are about the same age, I've got you by a tad, I lost my Dad 18 years ago, still wish I could sit and talk with him about stuff that's going on. Well, I can, but....Very sad for you to be going through this.
    Mine's been gone for 16 years. I still get the urge to call him. Keep the faith brother Gypsy.
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    I am very sorry. Please know that I will be praying for him during this time and for you and your family.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amen! Prayers for your dad and you and your family.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Praying for you and him brother.
    One God, One Truth