Home Non Cigar Related
Options

in line fuel filter -- literally

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
This is nothing to do with a cigars, but it's so dang odd I just have to share this for chuckles. Working on a friend's wife's 1999 Honda 600 Shadow with a history of carb probs. Decided to replace the carb with new, cause the float valve was stuck tight with corrosion inside hole where it's supposed to seal. Whip the fuel line off the old carb and here's what I find inside it:

Here it is yanked out:

Is that the oddest thing ever?

Neither Service Honda nor Honda West ever heard of such a thing. History of this bike is that a woman bought it new, another woman bought it from her, has a mere 5700 on the clock, so way too much parking. Always shop serviced. Thinking this must be some kludge by a shop guy trying to solve chronic carb probs caused by chronic parking.

I dunno. I found it amusing. Didn't work, of course, because you can see how it cocked in there.

Something new every day.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Options
    BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    Seen something similar to this lodged into a NEW cars fuel pump and nobody knew what it was or where it came from . My guess in my case was it was Friday at 5 o'clock at the factory where they build things like this . Like you said its always something new every day...
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Bama. Sounds like someone wanted to party Friday night or was hungover Monday morning.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    If it was always serviced at the same shop I wonder if they mechanic put it in there to intentionally try to trap debris and eventually clog the line. Easy fix, easy money later.