Home Cigar 101
Options

GH 3 Siglos

onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I was digging around a humi that I have not seen the bottom of in a while and found a 3 Siglos 6x54 the cello has a TB. price tag of $91.52 can anyone think of a reason for this? I was under the impression that these are like $3.00 apeice all day long. This stick was given to me by an ex gf who worked at a hotel on the lake, one of the maids found it while cleaning a room. This was about 6 yrs ago. The only thing I can think of is that someone may have been trying to impress somebody that didn't know any better and switched cello's IDK.

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny theory you have there. But they'd still have to get their hands on some cello from a ninety one dollar cigar to switch it with. Mysteries like this facinate me. Pardon me if this sounds ignorant but what's TB? Trade barcode? (Send us a picture.)
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    This is a cigar that doesn't sell for $91 as you can see from a web search. Maybe it was a misprint..even if it was it isn't a $91 cigar...$4 at best IMO.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Maybe it was in pesos?
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    could a manufactures list price thing, some places out there put a list price on stuff and sell it dirt cheap and say you got a great deal
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Most of the cigar shops I've been in have some sort of number associated with each vitola of each cigar. For instance Oliva V torpedo would be 9112 while a lancero would be 9113 etc... I think when they ring up the cigar at the register all they have to do is put in the code. This is often done with a price gun so dollar signs and decimals are sometimes present on the sticker. That's my best guess anyways.