Home Pipes

Any one try..

ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
I am looking to try some new pipe tobbacco. Has any one had Trout stream by HPC or Autum Evening by Cornel and Diehl? They are suppose to be a slightly more flavorful version of Lane 1-Q which I believe I have ( they call it willshire at my B & M). Basicly i am looking for something good for a beginner with no bite.

Comments

• J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    I have smoked 1-Q, but the blend just missed for me. I am not a big aromatic guy so I am not sure if I can help you much, but 1-Q is a VA Cav. blend. I would suggest Orlik Golden Sliced. It is a VA that is very mild. I get no bite from it. Also a good blend would be Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake. It is a VA that is cav. pressed so it is very smooth, I consider it a light aromatic it does have a top note and I do like it. Just make sure you do not confuse it with Luxury Navy Flake, which is a non-aromatic with perique, which will bite if you are new to the pipe.
  • pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    Everyone is stuck on 1Q but try 1 part Lane BLWB and 1 part Altadis Black Kathy by volume and not weight and you will have my original blend. Black Kathy may come in saying sutliffe Black Kathy. order from pipesandcigars.
  • mgk2020mgk2020 Posts: 97
    I'm fairly certain someone just recently posted on a thread about Trout Stream. If I come across it again I'll link.
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Thanks everyone. And tex I will try that blend of the the two. They have both at my b and m. I will just buy a little sample of each and see if I like it. Then maybe buy in bulk.