Home Cigar 101

Best Mild cigars?

scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
I am generally a mid to full bodied smoker and rarely smoke any mild cigars so my knowledge is not great. My question is what are some of the better NC cigars that are really mild and smooth, but not a bad stick. I smoked a Cohiba Siglo 1 and really liked it which is causing me to ask this.

Comments

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Some of my favorties are the Oliva Connecticut Reserve and Gurkha Symphony. The Curivari Seleccion Privada is another good, mellow smoke that is more on the mild side. And although these two fall right in the medium area, the CAO CX2 and Nat Sherman Timeless are both very smooth, mellow, and have just a little natural sweetness.
  • man o war virtue is pretty good
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Davidoff 2000, cabaguan, room 101 Connecticut, illusione eperney.
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    I need to try the cabaguan and room 101. I am a fan of AVO classic.
    Imgembo:
    kuzi16:
    dont know how i forgot that. and the Avo XO. thats probably my favorite Avo. im gunna get a box of those soon.
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    kuzi16:
    Imgembo:
    kuzi16:
    dont know how i forgot that. and the Avo XO. thats probably my favorite Avo. im gunna get a box of those soon.
    Picked up a 2000 today without even looking at this thread. Also got some Oliva Connies. Didn't see the others at the B&M. I think they had some 101s, but not the connies.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I would also add Ashton original (white label) and Ashton Cabinet as well as Montecristo White. All excellent, flavorful connies IMO.

Gurkha Park Ave connie is a good budget connie, and the Montesino maduro (by Fuente) is a nice mild maduro that's very affordable too.
  • FNAFNA Posts: 55
    I think that most of us here probably get few opportunities to smoke Diamond Crown cigars, since they are very pricey and not particularly 'hot in the market'.

Certainly the most flavorful mild cigars I ever smoked. Highly recommended.

By the by, just smoked a fonseca vintage robusto. Decent mild smoke.
  • i would agree on both the Oliva Con. Reserve and the MOW Virtue, both great mild smokes, im also a fan of the 5 vegas classic, nice smoke in the morning, not too strong.
  • Bad Daddy RabbitBad Daddy Rabbit Posts: 721
    Once you get over the brand, band, and price, the house blend C.com purple label is a very good stick. IMO.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    There are a couple of boutique cigars that come to mind...one is the Emilio Suave that has a Connecticut wrapper...complex but yet mild. Sometimes 'mild' gets a bad rap and with this cigar the tastes really come through. Another good cigar is the Ezra Zion Inception...although it's pedigree says it's medium to full it's more on the medium side...and this sucker is very tasty..smooth and will keep your attention, trust me.
    Cigary:
    one is the Emilio Suave that has a Connecticut wrapper...complex but yet mild. Sometimes 'mild' gets a bad rap and with this cigar the tastes really come through.
    yes yes yes. the mild/medium world is underrated, and most everything that Emilio is associated with is also underrated. this is a great recommendation.
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Cigary:
    one is the Emilio Suave that has a Connecticut wrapper...complex but yet mild. Sometimes 'mild' gets a bad rap and with this cigar the tastes really come through.
    yes yes yes. the mild/medium world is underrated, and most everything that Emilio is associated with is also underrated. this is a great recommendation.
    Zino Classic, Griffins, and San Lotano Conn., Perdomo Champagne
    I forgot about another cigar that I have been smoking a lot of lately because it's perfect for breakfast or before noon....Monty Pascoal Corona. It's a brazilian cigar that is supposed to be medium to full...it's not anywhere close to being full bodied and I've smoked boxes of these and it's more on the mild to medium side. If you've ever smoked any of the JLP Cremas ( CC's ) the Montys are more like this only much better IMO. It's just a great cigar with complex taste but more on the creamy side. A 5 pack goes for about $25 and worth every cent.
  • Another vote for the mow virtue, love those with a bit of age on them. Surprised me how good they are. The fonseca 5-50 is decent for the price. I also enjoy the zino platinum occasionally.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Ill go with the jdn Antono
    Money can't buy taste
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cigary:
    I forgot about another cigar that I have been smoking a lot of lately because it's perfect for breakfast or before noon....Monty Pascoal Corona. It's a brazilian cigar that is supposed to be medium to full...it's not anywhere close to being full bodied and I've smoked boxes of these and it's more on the mild to medium side. If you've ever smoked any of the JLP Cremas ( CC's ) the Montys are more like this only much better IMO. It's just a great cigar with complex taste but more on the creamy side. A 5 pack goes for about $25 and worth every cent.

I keep Jose L. Piedra stocked. I am also a big fan of Quintero Y Hermano in all sizes.... a little spice but smooth.
    Vision:
    Cigary:

I keep Jose L. Piedra stocked. I am also a big fan of Quintero Y Hermano in all sizes.... a little spice but smooth.
    I agree with ya about the Quintero's...forgot about that as well. I checked the humidor and I only have about 5 left...time to reorder..thanks for reminding me.
  • Montecristo no. 4 is a good mild smoke in my opinion.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I really like the Angelenos, with a little time under their belt they really taste good.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad Daddy Rabbit:
    Once you get over the brand, band, and price, the house blend C.com purple label is a very good stick. IMO.
    agreed
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • TexvetTexvet Posts: 39
    The Griffins - very mild and smooth....
    Texvet:
    The Griffins - very mild and smooth....
    agreed. been mulling over a box of these guys. i may just go with a 5er.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    I really like the Angelenos, with a little time under their belt they really taste good.
    +1

Angelenos by Fuente = very smoth.