Home Cigar 101

Humidor Checking?

How often does everyone check their humidity? I feel like I check all the time, like 5 times a day. I'm going to be on that A and E show at this rate.

Comments

• Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    same... :/
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    You, my friend, have Obsessive Compulsive Cigar-Der...

Welcome... You're among friends
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Side note, you may wish to look into weather stations...

I work at Best Buy and we sell one for about $50 and the sensor for Temp and Humidity is wireless...
    It sends the Temp and Rh (and I think barometric pressure) to a seperate screen so you don't have to open your humidor....

Of COURSE it all depends on the size of you humi... All this is not necessary for a 50 count.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I just look through the glass top, or glass door and don't need to open it to check humidity or temperature....But that's how I roll, lol...

Now, before I built mine, I prolly checked them 5-6 times/day...That was how I rolled
  • I could probably put together a internet web sever from your humidor...then you could check it anywhere you have internet access.ie cell phone..you guys down for that?..i have lots of spare time
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    jeff_connors:
    I could probably put together a internet web sever from your humidor...then you could check it anywhere you have internet access.ie cell phone..you guys down for that?..i have lots of spare time
    You can buy a glasstop and have an IP wireless camera look at it 24/7 LOL! You will also see if somebody is fiddling with ur treasures... hey... i actually like this idea! lol
  • andrewhandrewh Posts: 97
    Lasabar:
    You, my friend, have Obsessive Compulsive Cigar-Der...

Welcome... You're among friends
    It feels.....good! lol
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    When i wake up, after i take a shower in case some humidity snuck in, have my girl get off work at lunch to check it again(who knows), when i come back from work, when i open it to grab a cigar, when i close i look at again make sure it stablizes and one more time before i go to sleep to avoid bad dreams that my cigars are getting dry. Thats on a busy day. Dont worry, its normal :)
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    A few times per week. Usually Every day on the weekend and 1-2 per week.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    every day right before i go to bed. unless i smoke. then its when i open it to grab a cigar AND before i go to bed.
  • FractalFractal Posts: 11
    When do you know it's time to refill the humidification device?  When it reads 60% obviously, but I'm OCD about my cigars as well as all of you.  Where's that fine line?  68%?  67%?
  • 4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    Fractal:
    When do you know it's time to refill the humidification device?  When it reads 60% obviously, but I'm OCD about my cigars as well as all of you.  Where's that fine line?  68%?  67%?
    I prefer my humi around 67 to 68 percent. I actually haven't filled my new beads at all yet because I was having some overhumidification issues. I usually check mine twice a week.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    ok i feel sane now knowing that iam not alone in the checking of the humidity multiple times per day