Home Cigar 101

Wineador vs tower

deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
OK, so as some of you may know, my mother recently passed away, I have decided I want to get a wineador or a tower with some of the money she left for me. I live in south carolina where heat is an issue. Let me know your thoughts on both, experiences on both etc. She used to smoke cigars and loved the smell of them, I want it to be a showcase in the living room and may have it engraved. I am a simple man that is not going to spend 12341243 dollars on anything in life, but want something that I can control while upping my game.

Comments

• roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I have not uses either, but in my opinion, if you want a functional showpiece that you can engrave, i would go with Waxing Moon Humidors. He used to be on this site. Visit waxingmoonhumidors.com to view his stuff, and its a custom build, you can tell him what you want. The size, height, wood, glass top or not. He does some really good work. I think some of the guys on here have some he built. Anyway my 2cents.
    One God, One Truth
  • Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    If it is going to be a display piece, I wood go with the tower. If it is more of a man cave piece then Id go for the wineador. The wineador is is going to be the cheaper option.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the look and feel of a tower myself, although a wineador would be less $ and less maintenance.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    i want ease of use, temp being my major issues... guessing a wineador is gonna be the way togo.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    If you need temp control, then wineador is a great way, but requires a ton of work IMO. I dig mine, but will go cabinet next and keep the wineador for what I'm smoking. A temp controlled cabinet would be amazing though.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    You can always get a big wine fridge...they look like a modern tower
    Money can't buy taste
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    If you need temp control, then wineador is a great way, but requires a ton of work IMO. I dig mine, but will go cabinet next and keep the wineador for what I'm smoking. A temp controlled cabinet would be amazing though.
    ya and well over what I am willing to pay unfortunately, unless you have some hook ups somewhere O.O lol
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    I've had to do some fighting with my wineador but I think I've got it sitting pretty good right now. For temp control it's really about the best thing going. Just be sure to get a thermoelectric unit to keep humidity in.