Home Non Cigar Related

Big Brother money grab

The Sheriff of Nottingham is doing just fine. Jeez, you think they take enough of our money? 2.5 trillion in 11 months?

RecordTaxes

Comments

• Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    Brother man its all in the wording lol.... You are on target the Sheriff is just fine.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    F**k! That's a lot of illusion of worth.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, it may be instructive to compare Reagan, who believed government is the problem, to Obama, who believes government is the solution.

Reagan's four notions were to reduce government spending, reduce taxes, reduce regulation, and control the money supply to reduce inflation. Obama's notions are exactly opposite on each of these four counts. More spending, more taxes, regulation up the patoot, and print money like it's going out of style. Reagan said that if you let people keep more of what they earn, then wealth in private hands trickles down creating more jobs. Remember supply side economics? His theory was derided in the media as voodoo economics. True, more jobs were created; but that must just have been co-incidence, because clearly he was motivated by greed. Obama's idea apparently, borrowed from Satan-Bush, is to pillage our grandchildren to bail out the rich on the theory that if banksters and stock swindlers ever missed a single bonus the sky would surely fall. I must admit this theory has worked exactly as predicted, because the sky sure enough did not fall. The same wise sachems who predicted the bubble would never burst are the ones who predicted it would fall; so they must sure know what would have happened if we didn't cut them checks But the big O is loved by media because he convinces us he cares, and that's what is important, is to talk a good show. Real median family income grew four grand under Reagan, has fallen four grand under Obama. That same 4k number seems suspiciously co-incidental until you figure that measure was taken last year, and Barry ain't done yet. But the stock market is up. Banks are making a killing. No one too rich to jail has even smelt an indictment. Corzine is selling new hedge funds. Whee.

There are other comparisons as well. Both gave good speeches. Reagan's underlings smuggled guns to Central American freedom fighters, and got indicted for it. Obama's underlings smuggled guns to Mexican drug lords and got off without even a meaningful investigation. Reagan swapped guns for hostages with hateful Muslims in Iran. Obama swaps guns for ... nobody without a tinfoil hat can figure out yet ... with Muslim Brotherhood in Syria. Both added tons of debt. Reagan pressed for missles capable of shooting down missles. What a hare brained idea. Nut case. We have them now. Obama pressed for a million electric cars by 2015. What a marvelous far-sighted humanitarian. Give him a Nobel. We have Fisker, Volt, belly up battery companies, oh, and the hundred grand a pop Tesla funded by Facebook to show for it. By the time Reagan was done, Russia was irrelevant to international affairs. Obama isn't even done yet and he's lucky Putin is pulling his fanny out of the fire in Syria.

I'm just spouting off the top of my head here late at night. If I were to give this more reflection, I'm sure there are plenty of other comparisons. You can fill in. I'm just saying that at this point, if you are still buying Obamanomics, you are just being stubborn. Plainly the worst president in our lifetime. Vulchor can't understand why I hate him. His principles are un-American and don't work.

And wait till the bill for Obamacare kicks in. Another tril or tril and a half each year government will have to bleed out of you.

Government is not the solution. Government is the problem. If you can't see that by now, then you are the problem.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    When you're taking most of the money from the rich, I don't care a swig.

And, contrary to what the article you posted says, the deficit is actually shrinking--partly because of these increased revenues, and partly because of the effects of the budget cuts.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/us-budget-deficit-shrinks-35-pct-august-20239284
    Say what you will about Obama, during the Reagan era the U.S. deficit grew to its highest levels in decades (due to Reagan's carte blanche military spending and his tax cuts for the wealth) and after Bill Clinton erased the deficit and created a huge surplus (in a period with higher taxes on the rich, courtesy of G.W. Bush), it took Dubya Bush only two years to return the deficit to record levels, mainly by slashing taxes for the rich and, by once again opening the spigots for military spending and wars and the creation of the largest bureaucracy in history, the department of false security, once again turned the U.S. into a deficit economy.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    raisindot:
    The politics of envy. LOL. Mean ole rich guys.

If you look around you will see that the rich are still getting richer. This president is taking his money from small businesses, giving it to the poor by means of services and credits, and making more poor in the process. Ah, but the plantation is growing. Economics 101.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    beatnic:
    raisindot:

If you look around you will see that the rich are still getting richer. This president is taking his money from small businesses, giving it to the poor by means of services and credits, and making more poor in the process. Ah, but the plantation is growing. Economics 101.
    When the government is taking money from anyone its theft plan and simple.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I could post this stuff all day long. Our economy is fixin to collapse.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raisin. Seriously. It's time to admit you've been fooled. It's OK. We've all been led down the garden path one time or another. Nobody is going to think less of you, brother. After so many years, it's no longer Georgie's fault. Time to wake from the daydream. Everyone admires the man who can admit he was wrong.

After all, what could you expect from a fellow who's entire administrative experience was.... um... was...

Well, I am sure there was good reason to think him well qualified... wasn't there?

Though, not governor of the fourth largest economy in the world.
    ... no, not even Alaska

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    I could post this stuff all day long. Our economy is fixin to collapse.
    I don't know about everyone else but we had a rude awakening last tax time. My guy warned me it was coming to. He told me I was going to be in the percentile that was going to be expected to pay more even though I already paid nearly half. You know I grew up in a democratic family. But that was before they got over run by the freeloaders of this country.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I run up big bills, I have to work extra hours to pay them. The real message here?

STOP RUNNING UP BIG BILLS!!!!!!

don't 'cha think?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    beatnic:
    raisindot:

When the government is taking money from anyone its theft plan and simple.

This!
  • insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    Wooooohoooooooooooo Politics and Economics! =p