Home Non Cigar Related

U.S. Geography Terms. According to Bob.

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
It's supposed to be out west, back east, up north and down south. Californians shouldn't say they're going “out” to Mississippi. It just doesn't make sense.

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True. Very true. Any trip to Mississippi is definitely a step down. True.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mississippi is the most helpful state. Helping EVERYBODY else feel better about their own state.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    You guys are too hard on Mississippi. Beautiful land, lovely coast line, fishing at its' best, and the best damn catfish you ever ate. Yeah, they are poor, but they live well. Oh, and The Blues.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Mississippi>Memphis. That is all.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Meanwhile, out on the trail,................

A Texan, a Californian, and a Nevadan were out riding horses.

The Texan pulled out an expensive bottle of whiskey, took a long draught, then another, and then suddenly threw it into the air, pulled out his gun and shot the bottle in midair.

The Californian looked at the Texan and said, "What are you doing? That was a perfectly good bottle of whiskey!! The Texan replied, "In Texas, there's plenty of whiskey and bottles are cheap.

A while later, not wanted to be outdone, the Californian pulled out a bottle of champagne, took a few sips, threw the half full champagne bottle into the air, pulled out his gun, and shot it in midair.

The Nevadan couldn't believe this and said "What the heck did you that for? That was an expensive bottle of champagne!! The Californian replied, "In California there is plenty of champagne and bottles are cheap."

A while later, the Nevadan pulled out a bottle of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. He opened it, took a sip, took another sip, then chugged the rest. He then put the bottle back in his saddlebag, pulled out his gun, turned, and shot the Californian.

The shocked Texan said "Why in the hell did you do that?"

The Nevadan replied, "Well, in Nevada we have plenty of Californians and bottles are worth a nickel."
  • insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    Bob Luken:
    Meanwhile, out on the trail,................

A Texan, a Californian, and a Nevadan were out riding horses.

The Texan pulled out an expensive bottle of whiskey, took a long draught, then another, and then suddenly threw it into the air, pulled out his gun and shot the bottle in midair.

The Californian looked at the Texan and said, "What are you doing? That was a perfectly good bottle of whiskey!! The Texan replied, "In Texas, there's plenty of whiskey and bottles are cheap.

A while later, not wanted to be outdone, the Californian pulled out a bottle of champagne, took a few sips, threw the half full champagne bottle into the air, pulled out his gun, and shot it in midair.

The Nevadan couldn't believe this and said "What the heck did you that for? That was an expensive bottle of champagne!! The Californian replied, "In California there is plenty of champagne and bottles are cheap."

A while later, the Nevadan pulled out a bottle of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. He opened it, took a sip, took another sip, then chugged the rest. He then put the bottle back in his saddlebag, pulled out his gun, turned, and shot the Californian.

The shocked Texan said "Why in the hell did you do that?"

The Nevadan replied, "Well, in Nevada we have plenty of Californians and bottles are worth a nickel."
    Haha
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Boudreaux was sitting in the City Bar in Maurice, Louisiana, one Saturday night, and had several beers under his belt. After a while, he looked at the guy sitting next to him, and asked him, “Hey, you wanna hear a good Aggie joke, you?”

The big guy replied, “Let me tell you something. I’m an oil field roughneck, I weigh 270 pounds, and I don’t like Cajuns. My buddy here is a pro football player, weighs 300 pounds, and he doesn’t like Cajuns either. His friend on his other side is a professional wrestler, weighs 320 pounds, always has a chip on his shoulder, and he likes Cajuns even less than we do, and we are all Aggies. Do you really want to tell us an Aggie joke ?”

Boudreaux, all 150 pounds of Cajun attitude, told him, “Mais cher, I guess not. After all I don’t want have to explain it three times !

beatnic:
    Boudreaux was sitting in the City Bar in Maurice, Louisiana, one Saturday night, and had several beers under his belt. After a while, he looked at the guy sitting next to him, and asked him, “Hey, you wanna hear a good Aggie joke, you?”

The big guy replied, “Let me tell you something. I’m an oil field roughneck, I weigh 270 pounds, and I don’t like Cajuns. My buddy here is a pro football player, weighs 300 pounds, and he doesn’t like Cajuns either. His friend on his other side is a professional wrestler, weighs 320 pounds, always has a chip on his shoulder, and he likes Cajuns even less than we do, and we are all Aggies. Do you really want to tell us an Aggie joke ?”

Boudreaux, all 150 pounds of Cajun attitude, told him, “Mais cher, I guess not. After all I don’t want have to explain it three times !

LOL Good one. This thread has either evolved or devolved but I like it either way. Keep 'em comin'.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    This thread has either evolved or devolved but I like it either way. Keep 'em comin'.
    Anti-Texas jokes??? Okay!!! God made the rivers. God made the lakes. God made Texas...........We all make mistakes ;)
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    SleevePlz:
    Bob Luken:
    This thread has either evolved or devolved but I like it either way. Keep 'em comin'.
    Anti-Texas jokes??? Okay!!! God made the rivers. God made the lakes. God made Texas...........We all make mistakes ;)
    Ha-ha. Good one. At least Texas isn't as boring as Michigan. Google "Michigan Jokes". There are only two kinds. It's either one about the cold weather (Yawn) or one about how dumb MSU fans are. (Yawn)

There's nothing funny about being from Michigan. ;)
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    SleevePlz:
    Bob Luken:
    Ha-ha. Good one. At least Texas isn't as boring as Michigan. Google "Michigan Jokes". There are only two kinds. It's either one about the cold weather (Yawn) or one about how dumb MSU fans are. (Yawn)

There's nothing funny about being from Michigan. ;)
    I beg to differ! I grew up in the Keweenaw Peninsula where there is a large Finnish population. Many good Finnish jokes up there. Here's my favorite (imagine the accent from Fargo (the movie) while reading this): Hakki and Toivo (the stereotypical Finnish nicknames) are out at deer camp one day. They head out in the morning tracking some deer. After a couple hours of walking, Hakki stops and says, "You go on ahead Toivo, I'm going to stop and take care of some business." Hakki finds a nice tree with a low lying branch branch to sit on and take care of his business. While sitting there, Hakki manages to fall asleep. In the meantime, Toivo has gone ahead and found his buck. He shoots it and begins to drag it back to camp as he comes along to a sleeping Hakki with his pants around his ankles. Not one miss a chance at a good prank, Toivo proceeds to gut the deer and place them in the snow beneath Hakki. Afterwards, he continues back to camp. A couple hours later, Hakki comes stumbling back to camp looking green as can be. Toivo asks him what happened, to which he replies, "Toivo, you're not going to believe it. I fell asleep while pooping and I **** out my innards! But by the grace of God and a crooked stick, I managed to get them all back in."
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    LMAO!

You know,....I think I heard that joke when I was a kid but I'm pretty sure they told me it happened in Alabama. Or was it Arkansas?
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Might as well throw in some local ones (I made 'em up myself)

What do you call a gathering of Bostonian Tesla and Volt owners?
    A smug alert.

How many Cambridge liberals can you fit into a Volkswagon?
    Depends on whether you use a wood chipper or chainsaw.

Did you hear about the Harvard fundraiser where first prize was dinner with John Kerry? Second prize was a weekend in Nantucket with John Kerry.

What do Bostonians consider to be the most effective method of birth control?
    Marriage.

What do you call a Boston driver who drives at the speed limit, stops at red lights, and doesn't go through yellow lights?
    "YOU G***A*MN STUPID SON OF A *$&#@!"

What do you call a New England Patriots fan hiking anywhere south of the Mason Dixon line?
    Target practice.
    LOL. Speaking of driving.

You know you're a yankee when:

The last time you smiled was when you cut off that old lady (your mother) in traffic.