Home General Discussion

Other cigar forums

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
Are you a member of any other cigar forums? Don't get me wrong. I love it here and I know it may not be considered cool to bring up this subject here. I wouldn't even be surprised if I were to get get a little backlash for asking, but for those of you willing to talk about it please tell us what other forums you are/were a member of and why you like it or why you hated it. There must be some other forums that are worthy. I was/am a member of one other forum (before I came here). That forum doesn't deserve my time because they sure had their fair share of A-holes unlike the great bunch of guys you fellas are. I'm not really intending to join other forums but I'd be kinda' interested in lurking and reading good info on other forums. So who's worthy and who's unworthy among the other forums you've had experience with. (If you don't want to talk about it on this thread, feel free to send me a PM.)

Comments

• brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    i am a member at BOTL, Cigarpass, Leaf and flame, Cigar Federation, and reddit's /r/ cigars

this place is my home, but each of them have their perks and drawbacks. If i was going to expand anywhere else i would go to Cigar Federation because there are a good few cigar.com guys over there and it is a totally different "community" than this one. totally different feel as much of their community revolves around the chat area and the various content of the site.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Cigar Forums have been around for quite a few years now and I've been a member of a lot of them and have settled in to a select few that have members who are good quality people. I've been on Forums where the membership tend to want to treat new members as "chew toys" to mock and ridicule because they just like hazing others...i.e. Cigary Asylum..CigarSmokers...CigarPass and Puff tend to invade members emails and read them when they claim they don't. I belong to some very good Cigar Forums..BOTL, CigarGeeks and some private ones as well and just stay with these.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Are you a member of any other cigar forums? Don't get me wrong.
    Yes, but I mostly just browse them.
    LnF, halfwheel, r/cigars, Cigar Fed, etc.

They're not bad, they just have a different vibe.
    I feel at home on CCOM, y'all really are a great group of people.

Bob Luken:
    I'm not really intending to join other forums but I'd be kinda' interested in lurking and reading good info on other forums.
    PM to you...

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Bob Luken:
    Are you a member of any other cigar forums? Don't get me wrong.
    Yes, but I mostly just browse them.
    LnF, halfwheel, r/cigars, Cigar Fed, etc.

They're not bad, they just have a different vibe.
    I feel at home on CCOM, y'all really are a great group of people.

Bob Luken:
    I'm not really intending to join other forums but I'd be kinda' interested in lurking and reading good info on other forums.
    PM to you...
    totally agree with this statement. this place is like home with friends and whatnot.....the other places are just a little harder to get to know people at.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Cigary:
    Cigar Forums have been around for quite a few years now and I've been a member of a lot of them and have settled in to a select few that have members who are good quality people. I've been on Forums where the membership tend to want to treat new members as "chew toys" to mock and ridicule because they just like hazing others...i.e. Cigary Asylum..CigarSmokers...CigarPass and Puff tend to invade members emails and read them when they claim they don't. I belong to some very good Cigar Forums..BOTL, CigarGeeks and some private ones as well and just stay with these.
    Gary?! I did not know you post around these neck of the woods.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I belong to a few online. But the only other one I really like is Cigar Federation. Good guys and a good forum. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work great with my iPhone, just sucks up my battery. And a few other issues. I belong to a few groups on FB that I really like.
    jliu:
    Cigary:
    My brother from another mother....I tend to post on a select few this being one of them. Good to see you here and have been feeling a little better lately since coming back from my trip to SD for some medical treatments. I figure if this place will have me as a member they have to be pretty good, right?
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I am in the Facebook groups Cigar People and C.A.T.S. Cigar People was started a couple of years ago by members of the forums here, and it still has a few of the old members on it, namely Hays and Purofreak. C.A.T.S. is cool, but nowhere near the community we have here, and they are super-hardcore DE fanboys. You can't even criticize a DE blend without getting beat up on there, lol. Other than that, they are pretty welcoming.
  • danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    I've scoped out a couple other forums way back when I just used to read stuff on this one but this is the only forum I ever felt the need to join and although I don't post much I love this place. Finding free time to either smoke a cigar or post on the internet is a rarity these days for me so I'm exclusive here.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Cigary:
    jliu:
    Cigary:
    My brother from another mother....I tend to post on a select few this being one of them. Good to see you here and have been feeling a little better lately since coming back from my trip to SD for some medical treatments. I figure if this place will have me as a member they have to be pretty good, right?
    I knew it was by the way you were typing (ie great knowledge you are dropping on folks). Great to hear that you are back in your own home. Ccom folks are great. Lots of new guys that are starting out here. Keeps it fun and lively. These hooligans bomb like crazy haha.
    jliu:
    Cigary:
    jliu:
    Cigary:
    I knew it was by the way you were typing (ie great knowledge you are dropping on folks). Great to hear that you are back in your own home. Ccom folks are great. Lots of new guys that are starting out here. Keeps it fun and lively. These hooligans bomb like crazy haha.
    Yep...good folks here who are just your decent hardworking folk who just love the hobby and it's a very interesting group for sure...not the same ole threads over and over. Even the new guys ask some great things which keeps me on my toes and makes me research so as not to give BS answers.