Home Ratings & Reviews

Serie V Melanio Maduro

beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
Anyone have a chance to try this cigar yet? Know if they are available to the common man? I love both the Seri V Maduro and the regular Melanio. I'm quite curious.

http://www.casasfumando.com/oliva-serie-v-melanio-maduro-cigar-review/

Comments

• jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Anyone have a chance to try this cigar yet? Know if they are available to the common man? I love both the Seri V Maduro and the regular Melanio. I'm quite curious.

http://www.casasfumando.com/oliva-serie-v-melanio-maduro-cigar-review/
    How did I not know about these? I am in the same boat, love the V maduro, love the Melanio. Oliva needs to stop releasing cigars I want...
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, that's twice I've checked here, expecting one of you to tell me about this. Somebody's gonna have to smoke one. ;)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Amos Umwhat:
    OK, that's twice I've checked here, expecting one of you to tell me about this. Somebody's gonna have to smoke one. ;)
    Have only seen them one place... that I don't think I will buy from.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    Amos Umwhat:
    pm sent
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    jthanatos:
    Amos Umwhat:
    pm sent
    OMG!!! lmao
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    jthanatos:
    Amos Umwhat:
    pm sent
    OMG!!! lmao
    pm to you too,lmfao
    jj20030:
    jthanatos:
    Amos Umwhat:
    pm sent
    Replied, thanks.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the pricing on these appear to be a little high? Close to $12/stick..idk maybe it's just me..
    Bigshizza:
    Does the pricing on these appear to be a little high? Close to $12/stick..idk maybe it's just me..
    Seems in line with the rest of the Melanio line... Are they 50% better than the standard V's, I dunno. But I like them. The place I was hesitating on was looking for 20 per, which they are not worth to me.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    jthanatos:
    Bigshizza:
    Seems in line with the rest of the Melanio line... Are they 50% better than the standard V's, I dunno. But I like them. The place I was hesitating on was looking for 20 per, which they are not worth to me.
    Just picked up a couple from a local B&M. $14/stick. I suspect Ccom will beat this once they get the line moving.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    jthanatos:
    Bigshizza:
    Just picked up a couple from a local B&M. $14/stick. I suspect Ccom will beat this once they get the line moving.
    Maybe we do a box split? I will look into it!
    Bigshizza:
    beatnic:
    jthanatos:
    Bigshizza:
    Maybe we do a box split? I will look into it!
    I'm curious to see how Ccom will price them. Got 2 in the box and will burn them in the coming weeks. I'll report back.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    the maddy in this line is tempting. Didn't think they were all that compared to the V however in a maddy...
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    So I saw these and was intrigued till I thought about this. The melanio is a v with a Sumatra wrapper right? So wouldn't it make sense that the melanio v maduro would just be a box pressed v maduro?
    Money can't buy taste
    Lee.mcglynn:
    So I saw these and was intrigued till I thought about this. The melanio is a v with a Sumatra wrapper right? So wouldn't it make sense that the melanio v maduro would just be a box pressed v maduro?
    I thought Melanio was a different blend. More Jalapa if I remember the press stuff right.
    jthanatos:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I thought Melanio was a different blend. More Jalapa if I remember the press stuff right.
    I agree. The Melanio is not like the regular Serie V. The V is all ligero. The Melanio is much less potent. Gonna smoke one tonight . will report back.
  • SMoked one the other day. Construction wise, cigar was perfect. Firm draw with a ton of smoke productions. The taste was different than you expect it to be. It's not a sweet maduro. Halfwheel nailed it by calling it the flavor almost like clay. I enjoyed the smoke quite a bit. I don't know if it's worth the price tag or not. I would definitely buy one, but wouldn't jump for a box.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Had one today as well...it was better then the reg melanio but still didn't really impress me. I got a nice earthy taste at the beginning but it faded fast to a citrus twang and some what sweet notes. It is complex but all in all I'd rather have the Ortega maduro series d. And for a v I felt it was pretty medium bodied
    Money can't buy taste
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Bought a box of 10 of the Melanio V and I smoked one after a couple of weeks and it is darn good but do have my eye out for the Maduro as I love Maduros. I scored the V's for $80 for the box of 10 and we'll see about the Maduros...I won't pay more than $10 for a stick. I do see them on sale for $117 for a box of 10 for torpedos...6.5 X 52 which is in my neighborhood for pricing.
  • Always smokes from $ 3.00 to 4.50 a pop, was last weekend close to Tampa and tried the Melanio series....WHAT A POP... real nice, now it is quite hard to go back to average cigars...but they are $$$$$$ for me.
  • Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    Ive been hearing good things about these. Its tempting to try them.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Looking to buy a box soon.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • I am currently on leave down in Gatlinburg Tennessee, and ventured into an old B&M complete with the carved wooden Indian out front. They had a couple boxes selling them at $9 a stick. I'm going to try it this evening and if good I will buy a box with the price they have set. Didn't know they were going at a high rate.