Home General Discussion
Options

Shipping options...

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
Has anyone shipped with padded envelopes? What are everyone's thoughts on them? they seem more cost effective but i worry about how well cigars ship in them.
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    Has anyone shipped with padded envelopes? What are everyone's thoughts on them? they seem more cost effective but i worry about how well cigars ship in them.
    Don't do it. They get beat to crap....honestly just pay the extra $3 and do the flat rate
  • Options
    Thats what i was thinking. Its hard though cause i dont have any boxes laying around here that would be good for shipping and the small flat rate boxes are too small. lol Then the medium sized ones are kinda spendy.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    Thats what i was thinking. Its hard though cause i dont have any boxes laying around here that would be good for shipping and the small flat rate boxes are too small. lol Then the medium sized ones are kinda spendy.

Check first class. It's frequently less than priority...
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    The size that ccom ships our stuff in usually works out to be ABOUT (IIRC) the same price as the small flat rate and gives you more room.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    you can fit around 8-10 cigars in a flat rate with some small bubble wrap just fine......
  • Options
    really??? I only got 7 in my last one! BTW is bubble wrap free at the post offices? I didnt wanna just go up and grab some and get in trouble for stealing. lol!
  • Options
    Definitely recommend the USPS small flat rate box, for about $6 over a padded envelope. Unless you have a hard case you're planning on mailing and then getting back they'll be destroyed during the process. I've shipped as many as 7 or 8 cigars, in a plastic baggie with a humi pack and they all arrive fine. The boxes are free at your local USPS, and I believe they can be ordered online too but that may be business accounts only.
  • Options
    MAWartMAWart Posts: 137
    First time I shipped something was in the padded envelope. Way cheaper but as soon as I saw the employee toss it in a bin I said "never again". I warned the person and he did say one maybe two were damaged. I felt bad. Wasn't worth the cost effective.
  • Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have always preferred using UPS, I have a strong dislike of the USPS. I have never heard of Pirateship, will have to take a look.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pirateship also works with UPS, no monthly fees or equipment to buy. (assuming you have a scale and a tape measure to weigh and measure your boxes) So far it's working for me.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭✭✭

The price on small flat rate boxes is down this week, it's temporary I was told.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.