Home Cigar 101

Saving a broken stick

dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
i got a nice new order for some quality cigars. a nice box of criollos and i had to open it to check them out and smell'em up. well i broke one like a amatuer, leaving it in a busy area where it got something sat on it and it snapped the stick almost 2" from the bottom. can i clip it and still smoke it? or is it ruined?

Comments

• roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Go ahead and try it.
    One God, One Truth
  • Been there done that. I smoked both pieces, it did taste somewhat different then the rest when I smoked from the foot, however it did burn fine
  • I agree, smoke both parts.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely smoke it. You might have to hold the bottom part together to keep it from unraveling but the other part should be just fine as long as it's not cracked up to bad.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    make Cigar Ice Cream out of it

(i swear it would be better this time around)
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    smoked both halves to the nub. the top half was a little hot since it was just clipped, made it flow a bit fast and it pooped alittle in the mouth but it was still great. the bottom half actually worked out really well! the flavor profile was completly different, like having a light beer instead of a regular. I really enjoyed it. This was a Kristoff Criollo Robusto. which almost has me thinking.......... anybody clipped one in half on purpose? maybe to get 2 short smokes from a long one?
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:
    smoked both halves to the nub. the top half was a little hot since it was just clipped, made it flow a bit fast and it pooped alittle in the mouth but it was still great. the bottom half actually worked out really well! the flavor profile was completly different, like having a light beer instead of a regular. I really enjoyed it. This was a Kristoff Criollo Robusto. which almost has me thinking.......... anybody clipped one in half on purpose? maybe to get 2 short smokes from a long one?
    Yup a few times. First time the bottom half unraveled on me. Since then I get a piece of paper and scotch tape, make a little homemade band for the bottom half.