Home Pipes

Drew estate blends

BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
Anyone heard any good news or bad news about it? Really wanting to try some but the few shops I've been in just have sample tins out and I never have my pipe with me .

Comments

• mgk2020mgk2020 Posts: 97
    I had forgotten all about them. Tomorrow I'm going to hit the local shops and see if they have samples. If so, I'll post about it here.
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    No one that I go to has it in yet. In fact the online places I purchase from still don't have it. My guess those sample tins are just in for that purpose and the actual orders are still a few weeks out. If you get a chance take your pipe in and smoke a bowl. I am very interested in what they are doing. I really don't care for most of their cigar lines (there are exceptions of course) but I think the pipe tobacco may be where they hit their nitch.
  • BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    Yeah, i saw them sitting out and started loading them up because i was gonna purchase them and the store owner came over and said they were just for sample . LOL! So all i could do is take the lid off of each of them and smell. The Meat Pie smelled VERY uniqe, almost like laughing gas at a dentists office or something.
    Bamablows:
    Yeah, i saw them sitting out and started loading them up because i was gonna purchase them and the store owner came over and said they were just for sample . LOL! So all i could do is take the lid off of each of them and smell. The Meat Pie smelled VERY uniqe, almost like laughing gas at a dentists office or something.
    That leaves me a little concerned. They are marketing it as an English blend so I would think the smokiness of the Lat. and sweetness of the VA and Orientals would be dominating. I am still very interested in hearing your thoughts when you get a chance to try a bowl.
    The local B&M's didn't have samples. I picked up a few P. Stokkebye and Planta blends to try while I was out.
    Has anyone managed to try these yet?
  • BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    Headed up to Nashville this weekend to the shop I spotted the samples at. I will let you know if they still have them.
  • If you do get some you gotta d a review for us. I was thinking abut buying some and was unsure. I love the drew estate cigars so Im hoping the pipe tobacco is just as good.
  • Has anyone yet tried these? I haven't heard much on them, so I'm guessing they didn't set the world on fire.
    No one here has samples yet. They are still at a pre order stage as far as I know and samples are not forthcoming. I talked with one of the owners at a B&M that I frequent and he said that they were not even taking pre orders. The samples that they were supposed to be given were overdue and the rep. had no ETA for them. That was a couple of weeks ago but his opinion of the whole line was rather negative. No plans of adding the line unless the samples go over well, if they ever come in. I am glad that I did not jump on the pre order now.
  • pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    Still can't beat blending your own. It's like building your own motorcycle or a painting. Lot more satisfying.
  • pilgrimtex:
    Still can't beat blending your own. It's like building your own motorcycle or a painting. Lot more satisfying.
    You clearly haven't seen me build a motorcycle or paint. lol
  • If my local B&M get them in I'll pick a few up to sample and review. If anyone beats me to it, please post your thoughts. I've been waiting to see if they live up to the hype for what seems like all summer now.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    I put a little pressure on Sean Lamb to try and make a Drew Estate sampler. Let him know if you are interested and it might help him talk to merchandising about it.
  • Hear Ye, Hear ye! I have heard your request and I have made it so! Exclusively, and only here, buy all 7 Tins that we have available for just $49.95! That's right, all the New Drew Estate Blends I have here, in a Drew Estate tobacco tin mega sampler for just $49.95! If you are interested, you must contact me directly, either by giving me a call, or shooting me an email.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    slamb@cigar.com:
    Hear Ye, Hear ye! I have heard your request and I have made it so! Exclusively, and only here, buy all 7 Tins that we have available for just $49.95! That's right, all the New Drew Estate Blends I have here, in a Drew Estate tobacco tin mega sampler for just $49.95! If you are interested, you must contact me directly, either by giving me a call, or shooting me an email.
    You are the man Sean.

From now on you will get a proper Cigar.com nickname.

Tim = The Beard
    Kelly = The Goddess
    Andy = The Polish Hammer (Just made that up. He might not even be Polish.)
    Sean = The Man
  • pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    Marker:
    slamb@cigar.com:
    Hear Ye, Hear ye! I have heard your request and I have made it so! Exclusively, and only here, buy all 7 Tins that we have available for just $49.95! That's right, all the New Drew Estate Blends I have here, in a Drew Estate tobacco tin mega sampler for just $49.95! If you are interested, you must contact me directly, either by giving me a call, or shooting me an email.
    You are the man Sean.

From now on you will get a proper Cigar.com nickname.

Tim = The Beard
    Kelly = The Goddess
    Andy = The Polish Hammer (Just made that up. He might not even be Polish.)
    Sean = The Man
    Walt = Dr. Pipe
  • I shall gladly take the title of The Man!
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I'm broke as ***... How long is this good for?
  • I'll be running it from today until next friday. If it ends, and you are still in need, just let me know and I'm sure there is soemthing we can work out.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    slamb@cigar.com:
    I'll be running it from today until next friday. If it ends, and you are still in need, just let me know and I'm sure there is soemthing we can work out.
    Ok cool brother, many thanks, I know there was a few I was interested in. I have too much pipe tobacco right now though, need to smoke through it lol.