Home Ratings & Reviews

Something not as expensive

I'm an avid Davidoff 2000 lover , however they have priced themselves out of my budget . Does anyone have a suggestion for something just as smooth and creamy but without the cost per stick. I get the internet price from Davidoff LV. @ around $11-12 dollars per stick . If you buy in vegas it can be as high as $15 after you pay the NV tax.

Comments

• allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Maybe something from the same factory perhaps? Many here have talked of the 3x3 or 4x4 bundles which are made there. There's also Avo Classic, The Griffins, and a lot of stuff blended by Hendrik Kelner that I'm missing. These are all cheaper than the Davidoff brand.

I'm sure kuzi will post here, you can get more insight from him...
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    allsmokedup:
    Maybe something from the same factory perhaps? Many here have talked of the 3x3 or 4x4 bundles which are made there. There's also Avo Classic, The Griffins, and a lot of stuff blended by Hendrik Kelner that I'm missing.
    all good suggestions. AVO Domaine is very good, too. do you smoke cigars from the forbidden island? Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No.2 would fit your bill.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    allsmokedup:
    Maybe something from the same factory perhaps? Many here have talked of the 3x3 or 4x4 bundles which are made there. There's also Avo Classic, The Griffins, and a lot of stuff blended by Hendrik Kelner that I'm missing. These are all cheaper than the Davidoff brand.

I'm sure kuzi will post here, you can get more insight from him...
    you nailed it. thats what i was gunna say. 3x3 is a great smoke with the musk that is in the thousand series. its not an exact match but for the price, i will not complain in any way.

Zino classic is good too... also a kelner blend.

a well aged Man O War Virtue is good. its very different but the body is about the same and there is a bit of the musk, just not the "Kelner Musk"
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Glad to see that I hit it in 1. The one Zino Classic that I had tasted much too young, not sure that I could recommend it, but at $3 per stick, it's hard to go wrong. I have a Zino Brazil to try out next and some Puro D'Oros.