Home Pipes

C&D Pirate Kake

Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just got some of this, haven't smoked any yet, and I wanted to ask if anyone's had experience with it? Do you leave it as a "Kake", like with flake tobacco, or do you break it up, rub it out into a humidor? Lighting a pipe of it now, first draw is pretty good. I think I'll like it.
WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Comments

• J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Pirate Kake is great! You have to really like lat. but I keep some of it on hand all the time. I crumble it up, that is the easiest way and it gives the most flavor IMO. I store it in the Kake form and just crumble as I go. It comes pretty dry but I still give it a few minutes air time before I pack and light. It will smoke all the way to the bottom! I hope you like it as much as I do.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First bowl was nice. I'll keep smoking it in that pipe for awhile, see how that goes. Opened it into a plastic humidor, an old Prince Albert can. Crumble as you go should work out well. Thanks.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Should have added that because it is a lat. bomb take care of the pipe(s) you smoke it in. When I started smoking it I smoked it exclusively in a churchwarden designated for lat. It still ghosted heavy enough that it required a complete cleaning. Every other blend in it just had overpowering lat. I could not taste Orientals until it was throughly cleaned.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to have to buy a "Non Latakia" pipe. I've got one I smoke exclusively the Captain Black Royal, all the others are....Latified?

I hear you! Lat. is a beautiful thing. I do like VA's especially VA/Bur so I have a couple of pipes just for that. Everything else is latified as you say, lol.