Home General Discussion

What do you listen to while enjoying a smoke?

This may seem like a weird question, but I'm curious to see what everyone listens to while enjoying a nice cigar. Nothing is better to me than sitting on my back porch with a fine stogie, a glass of Chivas, leaning back on my reclining patio chair, turning on a little Lester Young or Coleman Hawkins and puffing away. What about everyone else?

Comments

• Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    The sounds of nature around me :)... I rarely listen to music while I smoke... I prefer peace and quiet or a nice convo with a friend(s)...
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I have nothing set in stone that I listen to. Tonight however, I'll be listening to a high school football game. My younger cousin will be the starting QB as a sophomore and I'll be glued. He has already received letters from a few D1 schools. Hopefully I'll be watching him on Saturdays in a few years.
  • TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316

I can really change it up depending on my mood.  Bach’s Goldberg variations are in the player right now (I’m a pianist) – others as of late have been Strange Sensation/Robert Plant, Face Dances/Pete Townshend, Hollywood Town Hall/The Jayhawks, and some compilation cd of other artists performing hits by The Band.

• HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I sit on the edge of 2 ponds and lots of woods....so I just listen to everything out there and enjoy it. Plus I normally read when I enjoy a cigar so it is very relaxing.
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    When I listen to music, I have a hard time keeping myself from headbanging, so I generally don't listen to music while I smoke.

I do enjoy watching TV with a smoke, though.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I myself depending on where iam at ..... if with family and friends the coversation will suffice, if at the cabin, the sounds of nature works and if its just me .............. well sorry boys but iam a heavy metal louder than life kinda guy ........ so dont judge me based on music , but rather based on what i smoke.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    No judgment here king, you'd be surprised how many of us listen to metal. As for what I listen to when I smoke: the coyotes, bugs and the freaking loud wineries around me playing anywhere from opera to some moron singing karaoke.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    sometimes talk radio. liberal, conservative.... doesnt matter as long as it makes me think.

as of late though i have been turning off the radio and picking up a book.

current selection:
    1984, George Orwell

• Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Great book kuzi, that one will definitely make you sit and think about society.
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Jazz, blues and funk/soul are my first choices.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I listen to a lot of Zep, Tesla, Stevie Ray so that is usually on but sometimes I am in the mood for Metallica (usually older), Bon Jovi, White Lion, Skynyrd, Allmans, etc...
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    If I do listen to music I usually listen to some old blues (Alber Collins and Robert Ray), or I'll listen to Evanescence. I love her voice. Normaly though its just the air and my thoughts or the convo of a close friend.
  • I tend to listen to A Perfect Circle, Pink Floyd, or Jimi Hendrix. I try to relax as much as possible when smoking a ciar. kinda like an escape from where im at without actually leaving lol.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I usually don't listen to anything... just the sound of the traffic in the city
  • rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Last time I was actually listening to music - it was Amon Tobin.

Listen to Amon Tobin
    Wiki Amon Tobin
    Listen to Amon Tobin on YouTube