Home Cigar 101
Options

those with wineadors

deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
I cant get mine to go above 61 degrees, i have it all the way up on the warmest setting. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    It's not that big of a deal. Mine stays lower in the colder seasons really. If it drops below 55 then I might freak a bit. It slows the aging process, but nothing major. A lot of habanos collectors store at 60/60 once a cigar is aged to keep them at the sweet spot.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    It's not that big of a deal. Mine stays lower in the colder seasons really. If it drops below 55 then I might freak a bit. It slows the aging process, but nothing major. A lot of habanos collectors store at 60/60 once a cigar is aged to keep them at the sweet spot.
    thanks man
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I'll just throw this out there Shane ..... But I don't think it's your problem ..... The wine fridge you got is a thermoelectric unit and they are only capable of dropping about 20 degrees below the ambient room temp. So if the house is 80 the lowest it will get is 60. My units highest setting is 66 and that where I keep mine set. As Dustin stated there is nothing wrong with 60
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    60-65 is what I try to keep mine at...if you want it warmer out it in the bedroom
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Not knowing your ambient temps, but you could always unplug it. It's still a humidor if seasoned and holding your smokes and if you have good circulation. If you have fans and it's big, it can do just fine getting up to 70 fahrenheit.