Home Cigar 101

Humidor in the White House?

I know that many presidents have enjoyed a usual cigar-Grant smoked up to 20 a day some people say. Bill Clinton was a fan. My question is does anyone know if the White House has a walk in humidor? If so, are their pictures of it? I've googled it and can't seem to find an answer. Thanks

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i doubt it does.

elect me president ans i will ensure that your tax money will go to building a walk-in humidor in the white house.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it does. Fidel Castro keeps his private stash in there.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    If we elected you as president Kuz, we'd see the walk in built then never see you for the rest of your term. Better build a cigar lounge in there so you can get some work done with the ole cabinet. Better yet, make the entire White House a cigar lounge.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    If I were elected President, I'd spend my OWN money to build a walkin humi, that way the Democrats couldn't come back and say I was wasting tax payer dollars.

"Long ashes my friends."

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I'm fairly certain that Clinton did not use a humidor to store his cigars, he had "other" places he used.
  • HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    cabinetmaker:
    I'm fairly certain that Clinton did not use a humidor to store his cigars, he had "other" places he used.
    Bazing!

I know Obama smokes cigarettes.....maybe he'll switch to cigars and build one! And I'll start studying politics so I can see it.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    They do NOT have a walking humidor... However, several presidents have had their own big desktop humidors. Look up last president Bush's humidor... It looks pretty awesome. A lot of presidents smoked cigars throughout the years - some in the open, some secretly...
    that is a fantastic humidor.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Oh god.... I just got done rooting around pictures and just found some "Presidential inaugaral cigars...

Cigars that have the president's face on them... wow..

Barak Torpedo
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Democrat cigars leave a bad taste in your mouth .....according to Monica !!!
    who needs a humidor when you've got all those interns ......
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I thought Obama supposedly quite smoking cigarettes? I googled Bush's humidor, and the second link is this thread, haha.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Matt Marvel:
    I thought Obama supposedly quite smoking cigarettes? I googled Bush's humidor, and the second link is this thread, haha.
    Now it comes up first haha
  • HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Matt Marvel:
    Maybe. I heard that he was trying to quit when he signed that new bill......
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Hugemoose:
    Matt Marvel:
    Maybe. I heard that he was trying to quit when he signed that new bill......
    See, I've heard that as well. Then again, I've also heard that he quit long before he ran for president. I could care less either way though.
  • andrewhandrewh Posts: 97
    Second on google is as famous as I'm getting!
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    I saw him on the news around June or July. When asked about his cigarette addiction, he said he was about 95% cured.

I'd love to see a president publicly smoke a cigar. It'd be a nice change of pace. Too bad the media would eat him up for it.
    MAJORdorMo:
    I saw him on the news around June or July. When asked about his cigarette addiction, he said he was about 95% cured. I'd love to see a president publicly smoke a cigar. It'd be a nice change of pace. Too bad the media would eat him up for it.

If he can drink a beer in public then the media shouldn't have a problem with a cigar ...I'm just sayin ' ...
    they "shouldnt" but they would.

tobacco is worse than weed in their minds.