Home Ratings & Reviews

Need something new.

So Im still on deployment and im almost out of sticks. I want to try something new. Ive been looking at the weekend blitzes and daily deals and the sampler packs. I am thinking about ordering the Diesel anthology sampler or the obsidian one. I love the Padron Anniversay, My Uzi weighs a ton, Oliva Serie V, some Opus X. What do you guys reccomend?

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Both those are good choices. I'd also recommend the San Lotono Sampler and the Man O War phalanx.

• macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    I enjoy the obsidians both the original and the white noise.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Gino USMC:
    So Im still on deployment and im almost out of sticks. I want to try something new. Ive been looking at the weekend blitzes and daily deals and the sampler packs. I am thinking about ordering the Diesel anthology sampler or the obsidian one. I love the Padron Anniversay, My Uzi weighs a ton, Oliva Serie V, some Opus X. What do you guys reccomend?
    Where you at Gino? I'm downrange also, just curious. If you dig the Padron Anniversary, the Nica Libre line is worth looking into. It uses the same wrapper leaf and has that "dry" maduro flavor. I also second Stephen's suggestion, the San Lotano is a great smoke; if you dig the Oliva V I think you would really enjoy the San Lotano Habano. If you are looking for something a little bit more spendy (but not ridiculously so), email Tim or one of the other reps and have them put together an Illusione sampler for you.
  • Gino USMCGino USMC Posts: 127
    Im on the Nimitz. Thanks for the recommendations guys. Ill look into the San Lotanos.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    have you tried the Fuente Anejo? I prefer it to the Opus (though I like those a lot too) and it's often less than half the price. The MOW Phalanx is another I have had recently and really enjoyed. Another is the Partagas Black, I have only had one but liked it a lot.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    have you tried the Fuente Anejo? I prefer it to the Opus (though I like those a lot too) and it's often less than half the price. The MOW Phalanx is another I have had recently and really enjoyed. Another is the Partagas Black, I have only had one but liked it a lot.
    AF Don Carlos, El Titan de Bronze Redemption Maduro, MOW Skullcrusher, DPG Blue, Illusione Empernay to name just a few...when or can you receive packages? Lmk
    I couldnt find a San Lotano sampler. I think I will try the obsidian sampler and maybe a few singles of what you guys have recommended, like the MOW Phalanx and the Fuente Anejo. I appreciate all the help.
    So I went with: Diesel Unholy Cocktail, EP Carillo Elencos torpedo, Nica Libre toro, San Lotano Habano lancer, and San Lotano Habano maduro toro. Cant wait to try these.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Gino USMC:
    So I went with: Diesel Unholy Cocktail, EP Carillo Elencos torpedo, Nica Libre toro, San Lotano Habano lancer, and San Lotano Habano maduro toro. Cant wait to try these.
    Great selection, especially the elencos and habano lances. Enjoy, and keep yourselves safe while serving.
    Yeah, I cant wait to try them. I am really curious on the Nica Libre.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gino USMC:
    Yeah, I cant wait to try them. I am really curious on the Nica Libre.
    PM to you!!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    EP Carillo Elencos are LEGIT!!Amazing how much better cigars taste on the ship, especially lat at night when nobody is on the sponson but you. Hey Gino, what squadron and rank?
    I love EP carrillos. They are my second favorite brand. I am a Sgt with VMFA-323, the only Marine F-18 squadron on the west coast that deploys on carriers!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if you like those try the La Gloria Cubana Serie R. blended by E.P. Carillo himself before he moved to his own company. good stuff.

as for something new, try Elogio. they are hard to find but worth it.