Home Cigar 101

Infused Cigars

macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
Now I am not trying to start the debate on them again... but as a realitivly new hobbyist I will say that yes I have had an Acid or two... like probably everyone on this forum have had the Swisher Sweet. But for my time I have been enjoying the different flavors that are found in the blends.
If I were hanging out with my buddies and one of them handed me an infused stick ya I would smoke it... I would also be comparing it to the amazing sticks that I have tried. (Thanks in part to this community). Just my $.02. Have a great day to all.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    probably. they arent horrible. acid cigars are decent and not overbearing. they just are not my cup of tea. i know i dont and wont buy them but i am usually not one to turn down hospitality.
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Yea I tried an Acid Opulence 3 the other night during a v-herf. Interesting, and I definitely wanted to test them out. However, I don't think I will buy any again. Not really my thing, but if given to me or if they were part of a sampler with great other sticks I certainly wouldn't throw them out.
  • Gino USMCGino USMC Posts: 127
    I went through an Acid phase. The only one I still like is the Nasty. I have a few Acids in my small humi and them at BBQs and what not.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comparing infused to non-infused is like comparing apples to oranges, IMO.
    They're all cigars --- but in two different categories.

I know which infused cigars I like and dislike, just as I know which "non-infused" cigars I like and dislike.
    I keep a small humi just for infused smokes --- I'll enjoy a coffee-infused (Java, DE Tabak, etc.) or CAO Moontrance every now and then .... but if I offered one to a friend and they turned it down, I wouldn't be offended.
    Not everyone likes them, and that's fine by me.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you looking for infused or sweet cigars?

There are plenty of sweet cigars that are different than infused cigars.
    Fuente Hemmingways and a lot of cameroons are sweet to the taste.
    Baccarats have a sweetened tip.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Not looking... just voicing an opinion. I have seen the infused getting bashed. Again not trying to rehash an age old argument. I would rather learn more about the natural flavors than something to add a flavor.

I have enjoyed the Cameroons that I have tried. And that is the point I am making about my decision. Different blends with even the same tobaccos just changing the ratios, ring gauge and the flavors change.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had one ACID one time back before I knew very much of anything about cigars. I didn't like it. Not sure which one it was. It had a blue shiny band. I'm not planning on it but I'd try infused again. But I'd probably rely on some of the recommendations listed here on the forums.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    I had one ACID one time back before I knew very much of anything about cigars. I didn't like it. Not sure which one it was. It had a blue shiny band. I'm not planning on it but I'd try infused again. But I'd probably rely on some of the recommendations listed here on the forums.
    Kuba Kuba? I had 1, I liked the red banded Liquid better.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    Bob Luken:
    Kuba Kuba? I had 1, I liked the red banded Liquid better.
    I'm not sure if it was a Kuba Kuba.. I took a quick look at their line-up and wondered if it might have been a "Blondie". All this talk about infused might make me want to try some after all.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    I bought an Acid sampler quite a while back and just haven't gotten around to trying any of them, for some reason I just haven't been in the right mood yet.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Every once in a while I'll feel like a coffee infused cigar; something like a Kopi Luwak, Java, Isla del Sol, etc. Other than those, the only infused cigars that I kinda dig are the Copper Label and Sweet Jane. I know they say they aren't infused, but the Natural line was always pretty good as well.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Just to bring up old stuff

I've had a Kuba Kuba, it was ok but not amazing

I did just order a coffee infusion sampler. Those I've had, and...in the morning, with a hot mug of coffee...Blargle thats good
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Just to bring up old stuff

I've had a Kuba Kuba, it was ok but not amazing

I did just order a coffee infusion sampler. Those I've had, and...in the morning, with a hot mug of coffee...Blargle thats good

have you had a isla del sol or java mocha yet? Killer with some dark seattle style coffee

Aj
    Ordered 2 each:

Isla del Sol, Tabak Especial Cafe con Leche, Tabak Especial Red Eye, and Tabak Especial

Previously all I've tried is the Cafe con Leche
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    I like them i hope you do too, just stay away from solo cafe, there not so good at all!

Good to know!
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Infused cigars are just like anything else...a matter of taste. I remember when Hav A Tampas...Tiajuna Smalls...Swisher Sweets and etc. were all the rage and they had their own unique taste profiles...I liked them so I smoked a good share of them. Once I started smoking premium cigars with great tasting tobacco profiles I stopped smoking the infused type of cigar....it's just about our own tastes. If you like em...smoke em up.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    I likes me a Red Eye.........
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    Lol the Drink or the cigar brother? :P
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    90+ Irishman:
    firetruckguy:

or the gravy?
    New Boots:
    90+ Irishman:
    firetruckguy:

or the gravy?
    Why not smoke a red eye while drinking a red eye and eating a plate of ham with red eye gravy...???!!

^^^^^^
    Breakfast of champions.

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    New Boots:
    90+ Irishman:
    firetruckguy:

or the gravy?
    Why not smoke a red eye while drinking a red eye and eating a plate of ham with red eye gravy...???!!

^^^^^^
    Breakfast of champions.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ Winning
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    I didn't care for the Kuba Kuba or the Blondie Belicoso. I like to pair my cigars with either bourbon, porto or marsalla and the sweetness was either overwhelming or incompatible with the drink. I was anxious that they might impart their flavor to my humi so I smoked 'em pronto.

I am curious about the coffee infused and may try a few of those at some point.
    I just got some red eyes! HUH!? HUH?!
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    jgibv:
    New Boots:
    90+ Irishman:
    firetruckguy:

or the gravy?

^^^^^^
    Breakfast of champions.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ Winning
    ^^^^^ ****!!!!
    brianetz1:
    90+ Irishman:
    jgibv:
    New Boots:
    90+ Irishman:
    firetruckguy:

or the gravy?

^^^^^^
    Breakfast of champions.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ Winning
    ^^^^^ ****!!!!
    surprised jiunn hasn't commented on this yet .... lol

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going through my Acid sampler as we speak.
    My wife likes the the smell of the Nasty, decent burn rate and holds the ash well. So far not bad. I like the C-Notes even though they burn really fast. The Blondie is way too sweet and burns very fast.