Home Cigar 101

Just purchased a Herf-A-Dor

I recently purchased a her-a-dor and was wondering how I put the solution into the humidification device located in it?

Comments

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a spray bottle with just distilled water in it. I spray that on the humidifier in my herf--a-dor.
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    spray bottle! DUH! Why didn't I think of that? You're one smart yankee!
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may want to experiment a little without cigars inside. The first time I used my herf-a-dor, I got a little ham-fisted with the spray bottle and some water dripped on the cigars during transit. If it's like mine (holds 5 cigars) you'll just need a little water on it.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    my 5 count herf-a-dor is now a 4 count. my 15ct herf-a-dor is now a 14ct.

how/why?

i got a metal tube from an LFD Tubo no. 200. next i took a fairly large safety pin and punched about a hundred holes in it. i filled that up with Heartfelt humidity beads. (65% of course)
    fill from the top with distilled.
    never a humidity issue.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I have a 5 count, it holds 5, they never get a chance to dry out.
  • shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    i have a five count as well but i usually smoke them all either with people or in a day or two because i am on vacation.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    How many times a day do you restock it with cigars? :)
    cabinetmaker:
    i guess this is fair. usually my 5 count is if im going on a 2-3 day trip where i dont plan on buying cigars. the 15ct is for longer trips where i may want selection or i may want to go to a B&M.

5ct... backpacking

15ct.... Vegas
  • I got a 15 ct and a 5 ct. the 5 ct stays in the truck for missions the 15 ct hangs out in the tent or goes to the other fob with me. they kick ass even for the climate out here so good choice man. i gotta try kuzi's bead idea for sure though
  • JKTexJKTex Posts: 92
    Heartfelt has a 1oz tube that's the size of a cigar that will work perfect.  I keep a 1 oz. and a 2 oz. in each of my humidors. 

I only use the herf to take cigars to the boat for the lake or to a friends, etc. for an evening so I don't worry about it.  If everything doesn't get smoked, it goes back in the humi off to the side.
    JKTex:
    Heartfelt has a 1oz tube that's the size of a cigar that will work perfect.
    yes it will work perfect.

the tubo was free and with the leftovers from a pound of beads that i had from a previous purchase... why buy the tube and pay $16 after shipping when i can make it for darn close to free.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    These are pretty nice. One of my managers saw mine today and ordered one from CCOM right away.