Home Non Cigar Related

ESPN's SportsCenter,......... 8 out of 669.

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
I heard this during ESPN's SportsCenter coverage of last nights world series game. -

“This is only the eighth time in world series history a team scored the go-ahead run on an error in the seventh inning or later.”

Why is this narrowly specific occurrence worth any remark?

Is it remarkable that this hasn't happened more than 8 times in 669 world series games?

Or is this just what I think it is, a soulless, obligatory, computer-generated factoid?

And why does this bother me anyway? Grrrr.

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because its manusha, shizza, dribble, a talking point but after hearing it the reaction isn't ...WOW... It's so what...
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baseball -- the sport of actuaries.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    That's a great line...because it's true.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    The biggest baseball fan I know is my cousin Curt, collection of over 60,000 baseball cards. He's a CPA. In fact, he teaches CPA's. Funny!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    That's awesome. My organization's attorney's office is right behind mine and he's a huge baseball fan, I'm gonna remember that. But really, tells you how slow that game was going that not only did they have time to SAY that, but had time to look it up. Even with computers that's a lot of data to slog through.