Home Ratings & Reviews

new to the forum (and cigar smoking)

What's up guys and ladies if there are a few of you in here. I've slowly gotten into cigar smoking, with mostly sample packs, don't have a cigar shop anywhere around so most of what I get I buy online. On that note I've enjoyed a good variety and have found out that my body generally tolerates a mild-medium cigar, I pushed it once with an Uzi and it kicked my but about 2/3 in. I'm here to ask what yalls suggestions are for some cigarillos, need some good quick smokes when I don't have the time to sit down and enjoy the complexities of a cigar. And on that on that note
Any cigars that y'all suggest would be great, since I can't get to a lounge and talk about cigars with other smokers.

Some smokes I've enjoyed:
Pardon
Fuente Gran Reserve
Flor de las Antillas My Fathers Cigar ( might be top 5 of mine)
Nub Cameron
Drew Estate UnderCrown, Black Market
A handful of Gurkas
5 Vegas Box Pressed Cask strength
And a variety of Rocky Patel's

Comments

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    You found the right place. We talk cigars here. A lot of trading also goes on. There's a reviews category where you can check out what others thinks. Good info in Cigar 101, and lots of passes and trades under Trades, passes and bomb. Jump in, good folk hang out here. And be careful to whom you give you address out to. You end up with too many cigars and the need for mailbox replacement.
  • Thanks for the welcome beatnic, def gonna do a lot of browsing on here, hopefully learn a thing or 2, and find some new sticks to order. My next step is finding a decent humidor, got one that had a humidification system and couldn't get the thing seasoned, gobs junk up to a big boy one when I learn a few more things about them
  • BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    Welcome, Josh! This is a great group of dudes (some ladies) around here. Stick around and you just might learn something that could change your life forever. Glad to have you brother!
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    If you're looking for small cigars Catfishbluezz did a series of reviews, I can't remember if it was here or on his blog.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum, you might want to check out the thread, How to season a Humi, by Catfishbluezz, there is some good info there. If you make it to Austin maybe we can find some time to burn one down.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome. I don't know much about little cigars but there are a few good choices out there. Wish I could remember some but I have only smoked a few.
  • ShizzsisShizzsis Posts: 263
    Hi Josh I started with macanudo mini cigars. They are mild, relatively inexpensive , come in a box or a tin and won't kick your butt.. I don't recommend the flavor infused cigars. If you really want to enjoy a good cigar find a sponsor who has been on the forums for a while and can steer you away from the "junk". If you send me your addy , I'd be happy to send you a few to try . Welcome!!!
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    PM to ya
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome :)
  • Thanks again for the welcome, and I'll be sure to be on here way more now that I'm aware they're here. The more I learn the more I'll be able to AMD want to contribute to discussions/ratings
  • ShizzsisShizzsis Posts: 263
    Some samples coming your way... 9405503699300107531666 :)
  • Thanks Shizzsis, will def return the favor, y'all make it easy to want to stick around and be a positive voice in this forum