Home Ratings & Reviews

La Palina Goldie No5

zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
Havnt picked up a box in a while and this one has always been on my list ever since I knew it was coming out. I've had the No2 and they were just fantastic!!!

I've read the reviews online as well, but wanted to know if anyone here has smoked the No5 and what were your thoughts?

Thanks!!

Comments

• jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it paled in comparison against the goldie 2. It was very rich in cream and nuttiness but not nearly as complex and refined as goldie 2. Worth it to try? I dunno man... not for $16+ bucks.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm with jiunn I think the #2's are better...the #5's are good but I feel as if it was mostly cedar all the way through. It wasn't bad by all means but the two really made me sit back and think. If you can still find the twos I'd go that way
    Money can't buy taste
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    thanks for the info. I picked up a 2 singles cause I never smoked them. They do look damn good though!
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I had a few chances at a box and skipped it because if this same general consensus. Still makes me wonder if they couldn't acquire more leaf to reroll an attempt at the laguito no.2, instead they wasted more on a fatter toro. I'll never understand the bigger is better push were being fed. Standard Cuban sizes NC market, take note!