Home General Discussion

1979 Vintage Cameroon blog from c.com

CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
I'm new here, but I seen the blog from the end of June about this blend and was wondering if I missed the news of it's release. Alex any updates? c.com crew did i miss it?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    didnt miss it. if they were in the blending stage at the en of june, then at best this would be in the aging room. however, alex was saying that the vintage cameroon wrapper would not be good as a puro. I suspect this is still being blended.
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Kool thanx....
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    The Cohibas (non-cuban Cohibas) that were released at IPCPR this year by General use this leaf if I remember correctly.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    CvilleE:
    I'm new here, but I seen the blog from the end of June about this blend and was wondering if I missed the news of it's release. Alex any updates? c.com crew did i miss it?
    This project is still a ways out. I have come up with some blends I like, but Im just not sold. Part of the disadvantage of tobacco this old and rare is the price. Knowing this is a super premium type cigar, I just cant take anything less than excellence and having the bar raised so high, it has been impossible. I am still working on it though.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Alex Svenson:
    CvilleE:
    This project is still a ways out. I have come up with some blends I like, but Im just not sold. Part of the disadvantage of tobacco this old and rare is the price. Knowing this is a super premium type cigar, I just cant take anything less than excellence and having the bar raised so high, it has been impossible. I am still working on it though.
    I'm glad to hear you're dedicated to it. I'd rather wait another 2 years for it to be released and it be amazing, than for the project to be rushed with a huge pricetag on a crap cigar just because of the wrapper.

we can wait on this one.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    The Cohibas (non-cuban Cohibas) that were released at IPCPR this year by General use this leaf if I remember correctly.
    That is correct. Partagas 150 has this wrapper also.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    BigT06:
    Alex Svenson:
    CvilleE:
    I'm glad to hear you're dedicated to it. I'd rather wait another 2 years for it to be released and it be amazing, than for the project to be rushed with a huge pricetag on a crap cigar just because of the wrapper.

we can wait on this one.
    Totally agree with this. I'm excited for this blend to see the light of day... but only when it is ready!
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Take your time Alex. :)
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    I will look forward to it when it comes out. Nothing wrong by taking your time and making sure it comes out right.
  • CvilleE:
    welcome to the forum! what part of KY you from?
    Gurkha Man!:
    CvilleE:
    welcome to the forum! what part of KY you from?

I'm from the south central portion, Taylor County
    Can't help but ask, anyone heard anymore about this blend? I looked and can't find anything else on it..been a few yrs so thought i'd throw it out there again..
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I think the Graycliff 30 Year Vintage was the one Alex was working on. Also, Cohiba has one with the same wrapper.
    rwheelwright:
    I think the Graycliff 30 Year Vintage was the one Alex was working on. Also, Cohiba has one with the same wrapper.
    hmmmm, interesting. Thanks for the info...
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    CvilleE:
    rwheelwright:
    hmmmm, interesting. Thanks for the info...
    You got it!