Home Ratings & Reviews

Padron Serie 1926 80 Years

How many people have had the "pleasure" of having one of these? This is by far the best smoke I have ever had (I have'nt had the pleaure of having a Cuban yet). There are just endless amounts of flavors that keep coming on. Nutty, with cedar, leather, cocco, a little bit of spice. All very well balanced, but I guess you couldn't settle for anything else for your 80th birthday cigar. Would love to hear what other people thought about this cigar.

Comments

• ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    I absolutely enjoy this cigar. The flavors are wonderful, very smooth and rich, and yes well balanced. I have some resting, can't wait to try them with a little aging. This is one of the best cigars I have had the pleasure of smoking.
  • mikalsanmikalsan Posts: 53
    You know, this cigar is on my list. Thanks for the word. I'll move it up a couple spots and get it on order. Need to get some in my box, so they'll be ready when the time comes. Happy 80th!
  • HardspotHardspot Posts: 24
    I smoked one of these sticks the other day and all i can say is wow.  The flavors were never ending, it was just pure bliss. the smoke never got hot and i was able to smoke it all the way down untill i burned my fingers, even then i didnt want to put it out. Great smoke.
    -Nic
  • jclew6300jclew6300 Posts: 2
    I tried a #6 in this line a couple weeks ago.  It's small, but WOW what a powerhouse. I read somewhere that the "flavor never seems to leave the palate." That is very true.  It will have your mouth watering the entire time.  Defintely one of the very best I've ever smoked.  BTW, Cigar Aficionado rated the #9 with 97 points - #1 cigar of 2007.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Great to hear. I will definitely put a couple of these in my next order. Did you all get the natural or maduro though? I prefer maduro wrappers, but just curious what everyone else tried.
  • carmike22carmike22 Posts: 70
    Maduro is the only wrapper they are making them in now as far as I know.
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    I understand the "Natural" was just released and did see an online retailer advertising them. They claim they have them in stock. When it comes to Padron, I prefer the Maduro wrapper.
  • carmike22carmike22 Posts: 70
    I will have to keep my eye out for the natural though to give them a try. But will be tough to beat the maduro flavor.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I was looking at them on ccom and saw the natural. That's why I asked, but I will probably get the maduro since thats what I prefer anyway.
  • nailsnails Posts: 18
    I've been smoking the Padron 3000 for about four years and it's my go to cigar.I've tried every cigar they offer except the 1926.I purchased two #9's and 1 80th perfecto.Maybe it was the price but I did not enjoy either.They just didn't do anything for me.My opinion is too much money.I'm sure glad they keep making the 3000.