Home Cigar 101

Companies that build custom humidors??

I am looking for information on companies that can build a custom humidor in my home.

If it helps, I will go into more detail. In my kitchen I have a shelving unit that slides up to reveal a hidden space above my basement stairs. My vision is to use the hidden space to build a humidor on one half and a wine/beer cellar on the other half.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm .... you want it "built-in" ...
    I would think you may not have much luck finding something like that on the internet.
    You'll probably have to find a local company, woodworker/craftsman ... since it will be a very "custom" job.

Start by checking out your local lumber and/or woodworking stores, I'm sure they know "who" could make you something like that.
    Check out any local "custom cabinet" shops too, they might be able to help you out....

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Hi!  My name is Mike, with Fry Heritage Humidors. We started our company in March this year. Robert Fry, the master craftsman, has 4 decades experience making high-end furniture, and now we are devoting our time building humidors. We build walk-ins, build-ins, can combine gun racks, gun safes, wine cabinets, etc. in our humidors. We are currently working on a project for a man who lives in Laguna Beach who wants a hidden gun rack, cabinet with a pop-up T.V., walk-in humidor, etc. After reading your post, I am positive that we are very capable of meeting your humidor needs.

In all humility, we are usually not apt to name-drop, but the best way I can portray our ability is to let you know that Nish Patel and Sam Leccia are very interested in working with us soon.  Mr. Patel also is interested in one for his house, after he saw one of our cabinets in Tinder Box at Easton (Columbus, Ohio).

We just launched our website last week, www.fryheritagehumidors.com.

Check us out, and give me a call at 614-580-1723 on my cell phone, or you can call the number listed on our website. I can also email you some pictures, if need be. You may also email me at fryheritagehumidors@gmail.com.

Thanks for your possible interest!
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Good luck with your business venture.
    It takes huge ballz to sell $2,000 desktops in this economy.....
    All I can do is tip my hat to you guys.......

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im not trying to be a jerk in any way. i promise.

the desktop humidors are over priced. they should be in the neighborhood of $400- $900. (not to mention the $125 for a 3 cigar travel humidor. that is just plain stupid when for $30 i can get a air-tight, crush proof herf-a-dor.)

if you are boosting the price to keep people from buying them because you would rather build cabinets, then good job. success.

also, the post you are replying to is over 2 months old by a poster with one post. probably wont get his business.

and one more thing...

this is cigar.com. they own this forum. did you ask cigar.com before posting about products that are in direct competition with products they sell on their website? iduno... seems like business practices that i would not partake in.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    im not trying to be a jerk in any way. i promise.

the desktop humidors are over priced. they should be in the neighborhood of $400- $900. (not to mention the $125 for a 3 cigar travel humidor. that is just plain stupid when for $30 i can get a air-tight, crush proof herf-a-dor.)

if you are boosting the price to keep people from buying them because you would rather build cabinets, then good job. success.

also, the post you are replying to is over 2 months old by a poster with one post. probably wont get his business.

and one more thing...

this is cigar.com. they own this forum. did you ask cigar.com before posting about products that are in direct competition with products they sell on their website? iduno... seems like business practices that i would not partake in.
    Hey Kuz. There was another post by Fry Heritage Humidors and over the weekend he got roughed up pretty good. Plus there were skirmishes among the members about how hard he should or shouldn't be roughed up. But somehow this post was largely overlooked.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Having no response to the original post would be the best way to set them straight. I generally just ignore these posts.
    However, a public, virtual-flogging also seems to help.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Fry Heritage Humidors:
    Hi!  My name is Mike, with Fry Heritage Humidors. We started our company in March this year. Robert Fry, the master craftsman, has 4 decades experience making high-end furniture, and now we are devoting our time building humidors. We build walk-ins, build-ins, can combine gun racks, gun safes, wine cabinets, etc. in our humidors. We are currently working on a project for a man who lives in Laguna Beach who wants a hidden gun rack, cabinet with a pop-up T.V., walk-in humidor, etc. After reading your post, I am positive that we are very capable of meeting your humidor needs.

In all humility, we are usually not apt to name-drop, but the best way I can portray our ability is to let you know that Nish Patel and Sam Leccia are very interested in working with us soon.  Mr. Patel also is interested in one for his house, after he saw one of our cabinets in Tinder Box at Easton (Columbus, Ohio).

Check us out, and give me a call at 614-580-1723 on my cell phone, or you can call the number listed on our website. I can also email you some pictures, if need be. You may also email me at fryheritagehumidors@gmail.com.

Oh my, a phone number.......
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • If your in California i a bud that does custom cabinets. High end kitchens, hand carvings the works. Beautiful stuff.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Ken Light:
    Fry Heritage Humidors:
    Hi!  My name is Mike, with Fry Heritage Humidors. We started our company in March this year. Robert Fry, the master craftsman, has 4 decades experience making high-end furniture, and now we are devoting our time building humidors. We build walk-ins, build-ins, can combine gun racks, gun safes, wine cabinets, etc. in our humidors. We are currently working on a project for a man who lives in Laguna Beach who wants a hidden gun rack, cabinet with a pop-up T.V., walk-in humidor, etc. After reading your post, I am positive that we are very capable of meeting your humidor needs.

Oh my, a phone number.......
    LMAO - evil mind.