Home Cigar 101
Options

identifying the different Elogio cigars.

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
They are great smokes, but is there an easy way to tell the different Elogio blends apart? I've still got a few of these. They all come naked, and the bands provide very little help. I think I have the "LSV". Most of mine have a predominantly green band color around the back of the band with a red V shape, (I'll call this "Red over Green"). There may be a color code between red and green but I don't even know. I know some bands have the opposite green/red color pattern, predominantly red band color around the back of the band with a green V shape. (Green over Red) Would the latter description be a "Habano". It is even further confusing me that their own website photos shows the same "Green over Red" bands for both the LSV and Habano. Plus I just smoked a corona size the other day and it's band had no green or red. It was black with a gold V. It was a great smoke regardless, but I'd like to be able to tell them all apart.

In almost every photo I can find online the only thing clearly visible is the front of the band and the colors going around the band are hard to distinguish. So I'll post my own photo. (In one online photo there seems to be a mix of band colors within the same box of cigars. I'll try and post that photo too.)

Here's the photo of the box that seems to contain both different color schemes on the bands in the same box. Am I seeing that right?

Comments

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I buy the Serie Habano at my local B&W. It has the red/green band. The LSV has black/gold. Didn't know they had a maduro. Gotta make a trip..
  • Options
    Next time you're there ask them about all this. On the Elogio website the Habano and the LSV each have green and red bands. And according to one youtube video, the black and gold bands are on a limited series vitola with possibly a slightly different blend. Thanks for your help but I'm still not clear on this.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    The point on the habano is green, on the lsv pictures above it is red. Basically the red and green are reversed.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Catfish is right about the reverse color. Just got back and saw the whole line-up. The black and gold bands are from what they call their limited series. Mostly they have smaller ring gauges than the habano and LSV - carona - lancero , and a few other odd sizes, even a giant figurado.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I had heard that the LSV and the Habano were similar band but opposite colors but I guess the thing that kept trowing me off was their website. You'd think Elogio's own website would get it right but both the Habano and the LSV show photos of bands with a green point.