Home Cigar 101

5 vegas miami knuckle

I’m a new customer here & CC recommended the “5 vegas miami knuckle” to me as I was checking out. I enjoyed this cigar but what I REALLY like was the size, I felt right in my hand.

Can someone recommend some other short fatties?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Have you tried the Nub line if cigars? They are short and fat. Not as good as the Knuckle in my opinion, but a lot of people seem to like them.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Like Joe said, give the Nubs a shot, alot of people seem to dig them. I like the Nub Maduro pretty good, and they are all short with a fat ring gauge. You might also want to check out the Nording Torpedos. They are an excellent short cigar, although not nearly as large a ringe gauge as the knuckle (the Nording is a 54, the Knuckle is a 60).
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    I really enjoy Nub Cigars. I have not had a bad one. They may not be the most complex smokes on the market but they are remarkably consistent and well constructed.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    The Nub Cameroons are very good
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I am fnding I like Cameroons less and less. I do LOVE the Num Habano's, and the Connecticutt's are a fantastic flavor profile in a med. bodied stick.
    I haven't had a NUB in a while, thanks Gene... I'll tell the wife I purchased those particular sticks on advice from you ;)
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    laker1963:
    I am fnding I like Cameroons less and less. I do LOVE the Num Habano's, and the Connecticutt's are a fantastic flavor profile in a med. bodied stick.
    I haven't had a NUB in a while, thanks Gene... I'll tell the wife I purchased those particular sticks on advice from you ;)

Just tell her I'm your cigar therapist ...I'll even send you a bill in the mail , anything I can do to help ...LMAO ...
  • T. GervaisT. Gervais Posts: 239
    I like the Punch Gran Puro Santa Rita, and you probably would too if you liked the Miami Knuckle. Its 4.5 x a 52 ring gauge, which isn't nearly as fat, but the same concept
  • FrostarFrostar Posts: 2
    Thanks everybody I'll give the nubs a try; doesn’t look like a lot of verity in the line. I love my wife’s suggestion; “just get some long ones & cut them in half”. Is that even feasible? Frank’s Tagline: Love is an exploding cigar we willingly smoke.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Good thought, but unfeasable. The part you cut off would just unwrap.
    Yeah, instead of cutting the cigar in half, why not just smoke what you like and lay the rest down? By cutting it you'd be wasting half anyway.
    I thought that I stated this earlier, but I'd recommend finding Petite Coronas if you like the shorter smokes.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I discovered these sticks the same way you did and loved them. It's already been said, but I'm going to recommend Nubs as well. Also, they're not quite as fat, but if you want a shorter stick, try the Hemingway Short Story. Oliva also has a petite corona size. I've never tried any, but you can't go wrong with Oliva.
    vankleekkw:
    I thought that I stated this earlier, but I'd recommend finding Petite Coronas if you like the shorter smokes.
    I agree with that Van...however, I think the poster was looking for something short and fat, not just a quick smoke.
    Trust me on the PC. I know that people like the fat ring guage, but it is all about wrapper to filler ratio. If you find a flavor bomb wrapper, the PC will be one of the best sizes.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I didn't think to recomend this one earlier, but the Joy de Nicaragua Antano Gran Consul fits what you are looking for, it is 4 3/4 x 60. It is also an excellent cigar (although I do think the Belicoso and RObusto are better).
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    vankleekkw:
    Trust me on the PC. I know that people like the fat ring guage, but it is all about wrapper to filler ratio. If you find a flavor bomb wrapper, the PC will be one of the best sizes.
    or a lancero.

they are hard to find but a good panatella will work too.
    mmmmm, Lancero

I didn't want the guy to go from "Big Brute" 60 ring gauge to the Lancero. Personally, that is what I smoke 1/4 of the time. I would go more, but don't have enough.
  • NUB NUB NUB! Amazingly consistent and good flavor. Nub Habano and Connecticut are very good and delicious smokes. Hell you can even get a 4x64 nub! thats a hooter if I've ever seen one!
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Joey Petersen:
    NUB NUB NUB! Amazingly consistent and good flavor. Nub Habano and Connecticut are very good and delicious smokes. Hell you can even get a 4x64 nub! thats a hooter if I've ever seen one!
    A hooter? Does it have good wings?
    Sorry, that was my bad joke for the night.
    Another bad joke

I'd like to get a hold of a nice set of nubs.
  • you must have a pretty big hand then...lol
  • All this talk about 5 Vegas Miami Knuckle wrapped around my fingers......i have to agree, let me see for my self how it feels again. I have smoked all my knuckles, so here comes the m5... image
  • TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Forgive the newbie: "five" Vegas or "cinco" Vegas?
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    "Cinco" is what I think the company refers to itself as, but it doesn't really matter since your typing it out.
    Garen B:
    "Cinco" is what I think the company refers to itself as, but it doesn't really matter since your typing it out.
    What if I'm talking to someone? :)
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    TheShaun:
    Garen B:
    Fair question, I think. I'm wondering as well if anybody cares to answer. I've also been wondering about CAO - I've been pronouncing it "Cow"...? Right? Wrong?
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Hays:
    TheShaun:
    Garen B:
    Fair question, I think. I'm wondering as well if anybody cares to answer. I've also been wondering about CAO - I've been pronouncing it "Cow"...? Right? Wrong?
    I would have thought that one C A O. But what do I know?
    Yeah, Cinco Vegas and C.A.O. That said, I still think of them as Five Vegas a Cow, just that's just my internal dialogue.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Huh, you learn something new every day. I feel like a heathen now that I've been saying "Five Vegas." I was corrected about Don Peppin (pronounced Peppeen from what I was told) and was feeling much like a person asking their waiter for a nice glass of Mer Lot lol
  • AQUADGIO1200:
    All this talk about 5 Vegas Miami Knuckle wrapped around my fingers......i have to agree, let me see for my self how it feels again. I have smoked all my knuckles, so here comes the m5... image
    anyone had the M5, I found it to be a little harsh>>>>> Anyone had the M5 with a little age on it?