Home General Discussion

new brazilian maduro

a very good buddy of mine gave to me 1 of his newly purchased brazilian maduros and i absolutely loved it! it had a great mix of strength and sweetness which blew me away. ram if you are reading this thanks. i smoked that *** down to the nub and considered eating the rest!

Comments

• GaryKGaryK Posts: 15
    I tried it and liked it. However, if you like the Brazilian, then you would love the CAO Braziia - it's a fantastic smoke.
  • bkelm18bkelm18 Posts: 3
    I've had both and I like the Cigar.com Brazilian better. Wonderful smoke.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Dang good news, this thread! :D As I just bought a box of them sight unsmoked a few days back, still waiting on UPS ;) I too liked the CAO Brazilia, which is what prompted me to make this purchase. My last blind box order of Cigar.com Red labels was a success, this post makes me feel like I am going to be 2-0 :D
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Glad you guys like these, I think they really add a dynamic to our house blends that was missing up until this launch. If you have our new catalog (with sol cubano cuban cabinet) on the cover, be sure to check out the article "The Next Big Thing" which is a feature on AJ Fernandez. He is the one that makes the Brazilian Label. In fact, I am here in Nicaragua visiting him as we speak.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I just sampled my first one. Now I had received my order a couple of days ago, so they in no way had time to "settle in" in the humidor...but that did not take anything away from the one I just smoked that I could tell. Construction was very nice, drew well, hung onto the ash well, and the first 1/2 to 3/4 inch was pleasant enough. But then it really kicked it up a notch and became smooth, like liquid chocolate, and very flavorful, all the way down to the end, which I nubbed it was so nice. Even down at the bottom, the flavor was not overpowering or harsh, though it did become stronger at the final inch or so, and I only stopped at a little under 1 inch due to the smoke becoming a tad warm for my tastes. All in all, if you like your maduros...this is definately one to have in your collection :D If I had another humidor, I would buy another box to age them and see if they improve even more, but I am already into my overstock tupperdor ;)
  • haha, i feel ya on the overflow problem...i really wanna try one of those brazillian maduro's tho....
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Well, from the way it sounds, here's another one I need to add to my list. Thanks guys!!!! (I mean that in a nice way).
    cusccrstud21:
    haha, i feel ya on the overflow problem...i really wanna try one of those brazillian maduro's tho....
    PM me your address my man and I'll send you one mini-PIF ;)
  • Thanks bro!! PM sent...
    Okay bud, package sent 1st class...so 5 days or less ;) A Torpedo Brazilian label is coming. That bonus stick I mentioned is a Hoyo de Monterry Excalibur II Maduro...a ~very~ nice smoke in my opinion, so make some quality time for that one :) Still and all, that Cigar.com Brazilian is the best "blind" box purchase I have made to date...if only I had a bigger humidor :( 150 ct is not enough :P
  • thanks again bro! i'll be lookin for it on friday/monday! where are you located at?
    Western Montana, so only a couple of states away...but they're big ones :P
  • just got the 2 sticks in the mail today....they are beauties!!! i can't wait to awake them from their slumber in a couple weeks and light 'em up!! I'll be out in montana this summer....i'll let you know where when i find out
    Great news! Glad they made it safe and sound. I had the postmaster stamp "fragile" on there just in case ;) I'm sure you'll enjoy them both. Enjoy that Brazilian label, you really can't beat the value on that stick. I am already thinking about buying another box; storage be damned if I smoke them fast enough lol Right now I am debating what to smoke for lunch :P
  • emyers99emyers99 Posts: 15

Alex,

Any chance we'll be seeing one of these in upcoming cigar of the month offerings? 

ps. Last month's cigar of the month group was the best to date in my opinion.  I was thrilled to see the Maxx Vice. 

pps There should be an area on the board dedicated to discussing the cigar of the month club offerings. 

• rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I'm really glad to hear so much positive stuff about the Brazilian label.  I was just placing an order and throwing a couple sticks in there to try them but maybe I'll just go for a whole box.  If I do, I'll be glad to send some out for others to try once I'm back at my regular post in a few weeks.
  • MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    I bought the brazilian awhile back and they are fab. I've also tried the VigilantE those are a good smoke too, its getting to where I might just have to order another box
  • HardspotHardspot Posts: 24
    from all the news I've been hearing about the Brazilian label I now know what i get to spend some of my next paycheck on in a week or so.
    Just sent another one off in my PIF, trying to spread the good word. Really folks, they are great cigars, and one hell of a value at that price as well. :D
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Because of all the positive remarks, when I placed an order with Tim this past Monday I had to have one. Got it yesterday, looks good. I'm going to let her rest from the long trip and then it'll be time for the sacrifice.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Well, I took the plunge.  Purchased a whole box along with yesterday's "One Day Deal."  Can't wait for them to get here.
  • 6clicks6clicks Posts: 34

I just stuck my toe in the water. I'm usually sceptical about house brands but you folks seem pretty unanimous about Cigar.Com's. I just ordered a sampler and now I'm anxious to taste them, especially the Brazil label. I love maduro smokes. I also ordered a Nubs cameroon sampler as you guys got me revved up on them too. Happiness id a full humidor.

George