Home Cigar 101
Options

Cigar books

New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
Anyone (when you were new to cigars) keep a book of the cigars you smoked? Maybe keep the label, write down some info about the cigar, and your personal review on what you thought about it? Seems like a good way to help yourself out on what you like, and what you don't.

Comments

• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Yes. Keeping notes to me was essential. Either in a notebook or on my phone, it helped me keep track of what i did or didnt like. I still do this.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Good...this is my plan. A buddy gave me a "33 cigar book"...though it was lost in transit my last trip home.
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I keep a notebook for my take on the taste, flavors, burn etc. I also keep a page listing what it is, when I got it, who it's from, what I paid for it etc. as well as whatever info I can find, wrapper type, filler, binder and flavor profile.
    Welcome to the forum!
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Check out my review thread and you'll see what I do in one of the posts. Basically just what you're talking about.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Martel:
    Check out my review thread and you'll see what I do in one of the posts. Basically just what you're talking about.
    Can I get a link to that?
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Martel:
    Thank you...I'm doing much the same, just in a cheaper method, though not as organized. I must admit I can't write much better though. Chickens and I write about the same way.