Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

JD Howard Reserve?

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
Anyone had one? I was just browsing CCom and saw the stick, clicked it and see it's about a $9 smoke.Just thought it odd that I'd never heard of it and it had no reviews.

Comments

• Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    I liked that one best of the crowned heads line, reminded me of the Anejo. Don't get me wrong, i don't think it's AS good, but seemed similar to me (though I'm still a relatively new smoker, so take it for what it's worth). I bought their 6 stick sampler, which would have put the per stick price about there.
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Probably the best Crowned Heads offering accoring to me. I thought it had great complexity with still a bunch of great flavours that I hadnt had before in a stick including a ripe fruit taste that I thought was very intersting.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bombay:
    Probably the best Crowned Heads offering accoring to me. I thought it had great complexity with still a bunch of great flavours that I hadnt had before in a stick including a ripe fruit taste that I thought was very intersting.
    Man I've been outta the cigar mix for too long, going to have to track one if these and a few others down. Thanks for the heads up gang ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Anyone had one? I was just browsing CCom and saw the stick, clicked it and see it's about a $9 smoke.Just thought it odd that I'd never heard of it and it had no reviews.
    Haven't had it but read a review a while back that really peaked my interest. Pretty sure it was from Robby Ras ... (or maybe it was Catfish) ...
    I swear it was on RRR's site though.... ah ha! it was damn, maybe I'm going crazy. IDK jury's still out on this one

I'll search around though, will edit this post if I can find it.
    Found it ... RRR link to the review here: http://cigar.com/cs/forums/post/680210.aspx

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    Bombay:
    My thoughts exactly, I'm not very good at picking up diff. flavor notes but I definitely get some sweetness from the JDH. I've only been smoking about 1 1/2 years but this is one of my favorite cigars.
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    So many cigars... so little funds! Peaked my interest for sure.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    C-LOVE:
    Bombay:
    My thoughts exactly, I'm not very good at picking up diff. flavor notes but I definitely get some sweetness from the JDH. I've only been smoking about 1 1/2 years but this is one of my favorite cigars.
    Well I am glad to know I am not going BatS%^T crazy then and hey go me for picking out a flavor, something I admitedly am not very good at.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza sent me one of these. Although I am not very good at describing flavors, I really enjoyed it and would have to agree on the sweetness, which is probably why I liked it.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    I love these.. It was love at first puff. I have smoked probably 10ish in various sizes and love them all. One of my top 5 cigars.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    I love these.. It was love at first puff. I have smoked probably 10ish in various sizes and love them all. One of my top 5 cigars.
    Wow Justin that says a lot coming from such a Liga wh0re lol... Thanks for the input though Justin I will DEFINITELY track one down after reading this though homie.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."